• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wishy washed 120

Joe

Mounted the Tank Cam today. Need to order a longer cord. But it’s ready to go. Here are some pictures of the long process. 
I cut some scrap plexi and wedged it between the cedar trim and the rim of the tank. 
2F7B2D31-0586-4423-92AB-00A65C583ED3.jpeg

Next I carefully place the metallic disc to the plexi using a doughnut shaped universal bonding strip. 
3E6EB9BA-F8A4-4125-B4E8-2FEB654C844F.jpeg

Then using magnets that were dug from the earth, I adhered the camera to the metallic disc. 
3A8B341B-CD3B-401A-8133-9CB85D144973.jpeg0F8A9227-9B1D-439D-9C32-3B641D3B2593.jpeg

The entire process took 10 while minutes. And after wiping the sweat from my brow. This is the picture it will produce. 
085DE642-4A9B-43CE-A3BE-F42AF0DD6752.png

At least for now. Buhahahaha. 

So Nitrites went back up to 1ppm. Ammonia is still at 0 and Nitrates are at 0. It’s been 6 weeks since water met rock. Got a little tired of waiting. Bought a gallon of Fritzyme 9. Dosed 12 cups. I’ll test tomorrow and see if it did anything. Also have some valves coming for the overflows hoping to quiet them down. And I guess I got ahead of myself and ordered pods and phyto. But should be good to go. I hope. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

So Nitrites went back up to 1ppm. Ammonia is still at 0 and Nitrates are at 0. It’s been 6 weeks since water met rock. Got a little tired of waiting. Bought a gallon of Fritzyme 9. Dosed 12 cups. I’ll test tomorrow and see if it did anything. Also have some valves coming for the overflows hoping to quiet them down. And I guess I got ahead of myself and ordered pods and phyto. But should be good to go. I hope. 

My guess is you will be fine.  We will be anxiously waiting to see!

On 2/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, Joe said:

Doors are on finally. All is painted and ready to rock. Still need some equipment, but it’ll come over time. I’m back and forth over the lights to use. I have the Revives sitting here. So I’ll probably use them. But.........

A3F88430-AA9D-43DF-8F15-FE86BAAE1D81.jpeg

I see Mitras in you future. 

This is interesting. After dosing Fritzyme my ammonia came up a bit to .15ppm. Real low, but detectable. And before it was 0. Nitrites dropped to .5ppm and nitrates are on the rise. My NO3 test kit starts to read at 5ppm. But the color is darker than 0 but not as dark as 5ppm. So that’s progress. I will be happy when I have to do a water change because my NO3 is 20+ ppm. But we will see. Is has been less than 24 hours since I dumped the stuff in. 

33 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

I think I finally have them dialed in with my t5s. Things are looking good! 

For that much money, you shouldn’t have to supplement with T5. But I would just because I like the look. The T5s dual down the disco effect of the leds. 

70ml of phyto dosed. And 32oz of pods added. Thanks @DustingrahamRRA. I’ll wait a few weeks and add some more pods right before the fish get here. I also hung a carrot in the tank for food. Thanks @AspiringLobophyllia for the tip. I won’t leave it in there for more than a day or so. I see the pods swimming around but they are not on the carrot as far I can tell yet. 

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

70ml of phyto dosed. And 32oz of pods added. Thanks @DustingrahamRRA. I’ll wait a few weeks and add some more pods right before the fish get here. I also hung a carrot in the tank for food. Thanks @AspiringLobophyllia for the tip. I won’t leave it in there for more than a day or so. I see the pods swimming around but they are not on the carrot as far I can tell yet. 

I’m glad to hear everything got there and you can see the life! Let me know how the tank progresses! 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

What's with the carrot? 

21 minutes ago, music said:

So how did you get These pods?  

Got them here. http://responsiblereefaquaculture.com

BR memebers get 15% off. Came right to my mail box. 

14 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

What's with the carrot? 

It’s supposed to be supplemental Food for the pods. There’s no detritus no excess foods. Some phyto and this carrot. Just trying to give them a fighting chance in a brand new tank. 

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Got them here. http://responsiblereefaquaculture.com

BR memebers get 15% off. Came right to my mail box. 

It’s supposed to be supplemental Food for the pods. There’s no detritus no excess foods. Some phyto and this carrot. Just trying to give them a fighting chance in a brand new tank. 

Thanks for the recommendation Joe!