Thoughts on water box aquariums

Zaireguy

Have you seen one in person whats everyones thoughts on them? I like like the 200 gallon set up with the ai lights

I like that it is rimless and would be easy to get into and do maintenance. My 300 is a pita to do anything inside you need a stool its so tall and the euro bracing sucks

Plus i probably could talkthe wife into one if i down size a little....and the led lights would ne great

Now the red sea tanks are nice and the new red sea lights have a great review on brs

Any experience out there?

I put together the stand for the one we raffles at the Expo. It was made of solid wood. Not press board. The tank looked to be well built. I love the fact that it comes pre-plumbed and ready to go with sumps, on most of them. If they would have the volume I want in the dimensions I want, I wouldn’t have bought anything other than a waterbox. 

Have you had a rimless tank? You might be trading one set of annoyances for another. Water drips are a constant thing, and I am always making a mess when trying to clean the glass. CUC doesn't stay in the tank. Up and over the edge plummeting to their dry grave. Fish can be in the same boat. 

However, the Waterbox tanks are sweet! They look amazing and the quality build is nice. 

Just playing devils advocate here... 

I seen you can get tops for the water boxes been watching alot on youtube..wife would love to have 2 extra feet back in that room

Never had a rimless i am going to check them out at rap in oct...my tank probably is 8  to 10yrs old my wife found it on ebay for me and we made the 6 hr trip to pick it up in the winter

It has a little bit of glazing on the top in spots