Jake’s 90 gallon

AspiringLobophyllia

17 minutes ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

Color changing frogspawn (started off as 2 heads of pink). Thought about using this as my coral of the month submission, but I don’t think I’d be true to myself If I used anything other than a brain coral lol so here this is on my tank thread
453fa5d5e397391af2e72d3aaf6f6258.jpg

That’s a great piece. And a great pic. I like it better. Lol. Why would it be changing color? 

That’s a great piece. And a great pic. I like it better. Lol. Why would it be changing color? 

I have no idea! Seems localized to just that head, and one tentacle in the back. It would be pretty cool if it was a genetic point mutation, but I’m skeptical. Maybe it got stressed at some point in the past and decided to switch?

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at Cinci Coral and Aquarium with my girlfriend twice this weekend. Really cool owner and place! To give good description of the feel of it, the owner moved his personal tank into the shop and put a couch in front of the tank lol. It opened last May and they’re expanding further, tanks were very clean and most fish looked active and healthy. Decent prices from what I saw. Gave me a styrofoam cooler and shipping box when I said I had a long drive home. Overheard the owner being very receptive when one of my friends started asking questions about how to start a saltwater tank. I’d recommend a stop if you’re in the area!

They said they were going to come to our swap in March

If anyone was thinking, “you hooligan Aspiringlobophyllia, there’s no way you do it”- here we are
New and improved sump/frag tank:
c5d688067da8fafbbe1188370b6cbf24.jpg
Changes list:
-Added filter socks to reduce microbubbles from returns
-suction cupped heater into place
-added powerhead
-Found strips of glass in the garage to hold lights, figured acrylic would bow
-sectioned off macroalgae and light with eggcrate
-added lights (orbit LED in front, orbit PRO in back)
-balanced eggcrate rack on rocks
-added frags

Thought the lights resting on glass was a tad dangerous so I superglued on a piece of acrylic to lock the glass slides into place
863453d7f3cd7a2256c8733bcb35bf2c.jpg

Egg-crate to separate refugium was flying all over the place so I superglued an acrylic pseudo-clamp into place onto the glass
8053a001e8ffe1a93375926e3e604895.jpg

How often if ever are you doing water changes? 

Before, probably once every two months if that. Ive been trying to do 5 gallons once a week for the last 4 weeks or so to keep up on trace elements

Maybe I’ll do a Nitrate Test today for kicks and giggles. I’ll let you guys know what it comes back as!

1 hour ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

I’m not brave enough to test PO4 lol. I have a bunch of macroalgae in the DT though so if there’s ever a spike I think that will act as a safety net

Wait you keep your frags in the sump and your macro in the display?  @jeff70 did you bump his head on the floor when he was a baby lol