Hello from Marysville!

Sunnisusie

New reefer here, I have been around forums on and off since 2007 or so. At the time I had several freshwater tanks and wanted to go saltwater, so I started reading and hung out on reef central. In the middle of planning, I found out that both my young children had autism so everything was focused on them. Now my children are 16 and 19 and are planning for college. We have moved to a wonderful home more in the country, and with the support of my hubby I can make my saltwater dreams happen. I am now reading and planning again.
Wow, the hobby has changed and come a long way.

My little box of ocean is a 58 gallon oceanic tank (26Lx18Wx24D) with a 40 gallon breeder sump. I will have the sump in the basement directly under the display. I will be drilling the tank and have an Exotic Marine overflow ordered. This will be a mixed reef tank and I hope to take pictures and post a diary of my tank as I go along.

Thank you ahead of time for the help from the forums, past advice and future!

Welcome [mention=2841]Sunnisusie[/mention]!! Can't wait to see the tank come together! You said you were into photography as well? What camera do you like to use?
I love my simple Canon SL2! I have small hands and it is just so light, even with the longer lenses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

$$, lots and lots of $$! lol -

I'm a Nikon guy and shooting for the 105mm f2.8 1:1 some day.  There are plenty of options tho.  I often use Borrow lenses to rent glass from. Easier for me to spring 30-40 bucks here and there then drop a grand at a time on a single lens. So, I have my work horse lenses that I own and then just rent when I have the need. This macro lens would be for the fishtank only so cant really justify the $900 in glass when I can rent it for a week and get all the cool shots I want for a while. 

Here is where I rent from. Check out that 100mm f2.8 Canon L lens they have on there listed as the second item. Would be a great lens for tank shots i feel. 

https://www.borrowlenses.com/AdvancedSearch.do?searchString=canon+macro

8 hours ago, surjer said:

$$, lots and lots of $$! lol -

I'm a Nikon guy and shooting for the 105mm f2.8 1:1 some day.  There are plenty of options tho.  I often use Borrow lenses to rent glass from. Easier for me to spring 30-40 bucks here and there then drop a grand at a time on a single lens. So, I have my work horse lenses that I own and then just rent when I have the need. This macro lens would be for the fishtank only so cant really justify the $900 in glass when I can rent it for a week and get all the cool shots I want for a while. 

Here is where I rent from. Check out that 100mm f2.8 Canon L lens they have on there listed as the second item. Would be a great lens for tank shots i feel. 

https://www.borrowlenses.com/AdvancedSearch.do?searchString=canon+macro

These 100mm macros are great for portraits too... ;)