90 Gallon Starfire SPS

AndrewSPS

Little to no sleep but I’ve got a lot of this rolling. Tank is still a sand storm and I’m just relying on the filter socks to clear it up at this point. The controller board is still a mess but I quickly learned to buy a label maker at 2am to label every cord. 

There is a metal drip panel on the back of the stand going into the sump. Once all the wires are cut and ran through it this will prevent any leaks in the plumbing to roll back into the sump instead of on all the wires running behind it. 

C062C130-1214-44DA-9836-E841CA88F12E.jpeg

4F504E39-D5BF-4845-A1A5-F35AB60FB62C.jpeg

070DCBB4-2BCB-4D67-A63B-D36452F99183.jpeg

5CBBA25D-E7E2-4FC0-8F1D-AF1ADA29CCF8.jpeg

35EA10A1-CB10-4BA4-9E73-C6CE566D163F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Joe said:

It’s going to be awesome when you get it done. 

I sure hope so. I’ve been impatient this past month to get it filled. I’ve gotta drain the sump later today and move the sump over another 1/2” to make room for the control board. The fiancé wanted to do the aquascaping so once the tank is clear I’ll post some pictures of that. 

The overflow is a Herbie style so I’ll have to get my return pump dialed up and get the gate valve set. Currently I’m only pushing 230gph to the main tank but the cor15 is running at 25%. What does everyone recommend for sump turnover ? 3-5xs ? 

2 hours ago, AndrewSPS said:

Thanks ! Added dr. Tim’s one and only and ammonium chloride to start the cycle. The control board is throwing me for some loops trying to get the wires ran correctly. I’ve gotta redo some of the wires behind the board so they wrap around the sump and behind the aluminum cover to keep them dry. 

Cord management is difficult. But so worth it. 

18 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Looks great.  I use 5 as the target and 10 times max per hour through the sump volume as a rule of thumb these days.  Are all the 90 degree plugs that are in your EB some kind of adapter cord, or did you get some kind of field wireable thing?  Those look sharp!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IBICM44?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

1075E989-88C7-4D13-B40F-51A3AC428A69.png

25 minutes ago, Jon Fishman said:

What all do you have plugged into the powerbar for the Apex?   Curious because I don’t currently use mine

I plugged everything into it. Even the lights under the stand are plugged into the smaller eb4. This way I can use a magnetic switch on the breakout box to have them turn on when the doors are opened.