90 Gallon Starfire SPS

AndrewSPS

10 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice, where did you find one at?  I've been on marine depots list since they released it but my number never comes up I guess.

BRS got in a large quantity Friday. So did most online stores. BRS does not do a wait list anymore. First come first serve kind of thing and they usually post on Facebook just prior.  Saltwater aquarium will release 200 of them Wednesday at midnight 

And the bubble king is down for a week. I should have serviced and cleaned the pump prior since I picked this up second hand. The motor stopped working on my today and pulses now. Ordered a new motor block that I’m hoping arrives by the end of the week. 

The tank started clearing up over the past 10 days or so but I’m getting another dino bloom and hard green coralline growth on the rocks. I’ll be able to measure phosphates with a Hanna checker I ordered for now the tank is still in the ugly stage

The tank also got its own 2000 watt generator last night as well as APC backups. 330watt ups will be used for the WiFi router to keep thinks going so the apex won’t lose connection. The 900 watt ups will keep the tank running at 100% for 30 minutes or so. Enough time for the apex to alert me of a power loss at the wall and to get home to connect the generator.

A069EFC1-D569-489C-B151-68F4D5611DA5.jpeg

Edited by AndrewSPS

APC backups work just has planned. Did a test run and killed the power. The apex alerted me of the apex losing power at the wall and turned off non-critical equipment. With this I can run the tank for approximately 60 minutes on a full battery. Plenty of time to get home and connect the generator. I do plan on running the vortechs on their own battery backups. BRSTV just did a video the other week showing that they can keep the pumps running for days. 

5508FD2C-519E-47EF-9D90-9BE8E311E06C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Joe said:

The best way to avoid problems is to prepare for as many problems as you can. This is an easy way to avoid loss. One of my fears is to loose power when I’m far from home. 

Yeah I haven’t crossed that bridge yet but I’ll have to get a tank sitter on standby just in case. Ideally the next house will have a generator with a switch panel. 

2 hours ago, AndrewSPS said:

Yeah I haven’t crossed that bridge yet but I’ll have to get a tank sitter on standby just in case. Ideally the next house will have a generator with a switch panel. 

If I’m going away for more than a night I always have someone here. Just never know when something is happening and needs attention. 

I would just rather be prepared in case something happens. Oh course I’d rather not dump money into something I may not ever need but I’ll be thankful one day. 

Kessil did come out with a swivel mount for the 360x. So i will order another light this week and 3 of the mounts. This way I can angle the outside lights inward to prevent the light from spilling outside the tank. 

76EF2790-81B3-4CA9-9587-B3697517C29D.jpeg

Edited by AndrewSPS

Since all I hear about is ESV salt in Facebook groups I decided to take the venture and see what’s the fuss is all about. BRS had 10% off so I ordered 300 gallons to give a try. 

Gem tang is doing amazing. Fish went through their first tank transfer today with 0.5ppm Copper. Will make their way into the display tank by the end of the year. 

93D003A7-096A-4621-8586-BD5CE392E6BC.jpeg

Fish are doing great. Both eating like pigs. Their food is being soaked in selcon to aid in vitamin intake. 

week projects include:

-adding second ddr/dos for magnesium and acropower

-hooking up a PMK for par readings

-adding a 3rd kessil light to the display

-tank transfer on the quarantine tank. Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 

went a little crazy with some Black Friday sales online but I’m pretty much set now to get the tank filled up. Picked up some nice frags off Andy S. (Walt Disney / JF vino month) 

DCA08D93-C26D-4B01-8E74-67E454297040.jpeg

BB6A5D92-37AD-4254-8B54-71B58EE6FFF2.jpeg

1EF55AC0-0459-4107-B8D8-00685490CF90.jpeg

22B71B5C-342D-4133-B505-FC3FE6BC47A2.jpeg

EE2C1C6D-661E-4896-9EF8-F3D05189299F.jpeg

F55BF306-DCCE-4E3D-9758-064212BE5F1C.jpeg