AndrewSPS

90 Gallon Starfire SPS

Couple more things finished up. Finally configured my other FFM to add 2 leak detectors, a high sump sensor, and a 1/4” flow sensor for the RODI. Eventually I’ll add a 3rd FFM since I do have an extra optic eye and leak detector. The ATO reservoir was moved with the RODI tank after my extension cable came for the ATO pump. Now all the dosing tubes will run through the stand and into the wall. still have a solenoid valve I’ll connect with the RODI tank to turn off the water supply of the optic eye in there is ever opened.

the breakout box from apex is honestly the nicest feature for convince. With some simple magnetic door switches the stand lights will come on when the doors open. Adding a few push buttons to the control panel for feeding mode and a complete shut off button  

slowly making progress. The tank is cycling and ammonia levels are rising.  Gives me plenty of time to get the rest of the apex stuff hooked up. Have a dos pump to get going soon and will add a second for automatic water changes. 

CB45FF2B-CFF0-4072-8B30-0FEFA3473257.jpeg

2D531683-9B21-4966-9197-93DDD8DA407F.jpeg

E1642764-B84D-4932-B951-CAC8FD5D3010.jpeg

9CC11893-75FA-4562-91E6-6DA71B0CB4AE.jpeg

47C96008-F75E-4963-8F83-17F7A88DA29E.jpeg

Needles to say there is no way this control board is going back in where I’ll feel safe with it. I’m modifying the stand to extend out on that side by a couple inches. Gives me plenty more room and no fear or electronics getting wet. Also making a stand near the RO tank for the DOS pumps and reservoirs. It will be made to hold 2 of the Neptune DDR and 3 DOS pumps.

ill be window shopping at the frag swap next weekend but I’ve got awhile before it’s ready to add anything to.  

It’s a fine line when having electronics next to water. But the further away you keep the two, the better you are. It’s good to have to fix problems now instead of when the tank is loaded.  

Still awaiting some stand modifications. Did throw some sand in the fuge and some real reef rock rubble. Planning to add some shaving brushes, blue Chondria coerulescens, and dragon breath tongue breath. 

in order to get the dos pumps going I had to order some 6’ usb extension cords. 

C3F42C6F-13CE-45FC-B5E4-CD770D45F74D.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Does your big box home center carry clear pine like that?  Looks great!

Yeah I got them from Menards. They were originally going to be used for a QT tank stand but I bought a metal stand instead. I took some black epoxy paint to these which was hard to do but it’s better to coat it in case it ever gets wet.