Sign in to follow this  
Jon Fishman

In the 90’s .......

“Mean People Suck” bumper stickers were all the rage......

This hobby, like most......   has some of the nicest and most generous people in it.....  and with that...... brings the vultures...

I see this thing, and I’m like “Wow!  that is cool” 

843BBC3C-409E-4712-A882-C76B9D6AC647.thumb.png.97b211facbc9c4dcd563465d588c1c02.png

Then I read he wants $2,200 for it, which in and of itself is fine......   I don’t know what they go for......   And then I read the: “been healthy for the about 4 months I’ve had it”

Straight up speculators and “flippers”.    Probably the type of guy who sells the 1/4” nub frags.......

Just irritating.    But alas.....  I don’t know under what circumstances he acquired it

Edited by Jon Fishman

Lol the mean people suck stickers were shortly after the “don’t be a dick” shirts. I’m sure we could think of some of those in the hobby. I guess I can’t fault the guy if he can find someone to pay that for it, but I plain don’t get it

There is always someone out there trying to take advantage, or wants something for nothing. I do not mind paying for quality equipment or coral, but I also look for deals too. However, I think there are so many people that are at it these days to make a healthy living. 

That being said, I do sell coral at swaps and online at times. I try to be reasonable and give good deals when I can. But if I ever fall into the above catigories, please feel free to slap me and say "Dude! What's up?!?"

7 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

There is always someone out there trying to take advantage, or wants something for nothing. I do not mind paying for quality equipment or coral, but I also look for deals too. However, I think there are so many people that are at it these days to make a healthy living. 

That being said, I do sell coral at swaps and online at times. I try to be reasonable and give good deals when I can. But if I ever fall into the above catigories, please feel free to slap me and say "Dude! What's up?!?"

Lol, hard for me to imagine that happening.  I've never seen you anything but more than fair!  Same for most of he guys around this club, which is why I enjoy it so much!