• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WXM?

Jon Fishman

So, I finally looked, and it looks like 5 of my vortechs have wireless and one doesn’t.    Seems like a WXM is a good buy.   

How hard is it to setup, and what benefits will it have?   Are there “programs” or does it just let me adjust and turn them on/off for feeding etc without turning knobs and hitting buttons manually?

I admit, the different color lights etc for reef-flow mode or whatever is kinda confusing 

So you will make profiles for them.  Basically points on a graph that you move around as time and percentage.  Very basic once you get the hang of it.  If you visit the Neptune support forum there is tons of info.  Several here have done it to.  I use a WXM to control my radions, it is very intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

Apex support fixed my issues.   It wasn’t even my fault.    Still waiting to find time to set up my powerheads on it though.   

Heck, I still manually turn my lights on/off

That’s good you got that figured out. But you shouldn’t be turning on you lights manually like a cave man. Lol. 

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

That’s good you got that figured out. But you shouldn’t be turning on you lights manually like a cave man. Lol. 

I have timers.....  Apex, and powerstrips with timers.     Yet here I am, pushing buttons!

I left my blinds open yesterday and forgot to turn on the lights before I left......    it was a “cloudy” day I guess!

13 hours ago, Jon Fishman said:

I have timers.....  Apex, and powerstrips with timers.     Yet here I am, pushing buttons!

I left my blinds open yesterday and forgot to turn on the lights before I left......    it was a “cloudy” day I guess!

If it wasn’t for timers, my lights would only be on a couple days a week.