Bhergia Nudibranchs

BearTheSquare

Been having a pretty bad aptasia outbreak in my tank lately and have tried everything from peppermint shrimp, boiling water, super glue, lemon juice, and aptasia X with no results (if anything making it worse). I won’t be needing enough to justify the shipping price for 3 of them yet, but was wondering if anyone had some in the Northern Ohio area. 

If no one has any, but there’s enough interest aside from me I’ll probably start a group buy thread for some bhergia. 11 bhergia at $11.54 each would cover the free shipping amount of $125. Reeftown recommends 1 bhergia per 10 gallons, but never less than 3 in a tank. If not I’ll just bite the bullet and purchase a few through ReefTown. Thanks everyone!

Edited by BearTheSquare

@Muttley000

I’m guessing that’s going to be the best way to go, I read that they die off in 5-7 days once your tank is aptasia free and I’m figuring there’s no breeders on here since I can only find two online sellers. Maybe we could get them going around the club in the tools section or something once whoever buys tanks clear up, but that might be tough planning with such a short window.

I'm thinking I could move them from tank to tank on my system.

@crimsonvice has bought them from reef town a couple times.  Brandon, how feasible is it to catch these guys once a tank is cleaned to move them or pass them on to the next guy?  How fast do they reproduce?  Did they end up in every nook and cranny of your system on their own or would you have had to physically put them in the frag tank? 

While I don't have a ton of aptasia, I do have 7 different places in the system that contain some.

So I have purchased from Reeftown twice, and with good results. I was thinking of placing another order to try my hand at breeding them for local distribution. I havent ever done this, so it could be a total miss. 

They are very sensitive creatures, and with a lot of manual disturnace or placement can hurt them and kill them. 

To answer @Muttley000 questions, once placed in the system you hardly ever see them again. They are nocturnal, and occasionally I would see one at night, but it is not very often. So removal from an display is probably unlikely. They would have to be breeded in a separate system for easy retrieval.

On my recent order, I placed some in my Biocube and they are working wonders. In my 120 display, I think the 6 I put in there are gone. I am thinking my Coral Banded shrimp got them. Everytime I would look for them, he would be over where I introduced them. I have noticed no aptasia removal in the display. 

A group buy would be great! They all come in one container, so it may be hard to separate them out to the different buyers, but definitely doable. 

I would jump in with you guys, but I am in southern Ohio :37427092_32(39):