Bhergia Nudibranchs

BearTheSquare

Not sure what everyone's interest level is for a Berghia Nudibranch group buy, but I figured I'd make a post in here and see what others have to say. I know @Muttley000 seemed interested from my previous post in the "want to buy" section.

Aphasia are probably my least favorite pest in a reef tank and I've tried just about everything to get rid of them. The one thing I haven't tried are Bhergia Nudibranchs, which from extensive reading seem to be the best predators of these anemones. Their diet consists of aptasia anemones only (they won't even eat majanos). They actively breed in the aquarium and will continue to do so until your aptasia is gone. Bhergia Nudibranchs travel in packs and it is recommended to have no less than 3 per tank and no less than 1 per 10 gallons. Medium Nudibranchs are recommended by ReefTown.

Here is a link to the website this group buy would be through, which has more reading and prices listed: https://reeftown.com/berghia-nudibranchs

They offer free shipping at $125, meaning only 11 at $11.54 per nudibranch would get us free shipping and they only get cheaper the more we order. I will personally be ordering 3-4 for my 10 gallon reef. The only problem would be figuring out where would be best to ship them and how to distribute them throughout everyone who buys. 

Current Sale Pricing:

760096532_ScreenShot2019-10-23at8_46_37PM.png.f913d11d67040cfecd24c83ed3546c14.png

@Muttley000 

Awesome, I could probably do 4 in my tank at the most. Would only need one more for free shipping.

@crimsonvice

That would be very nice if they could do something like that for us. They seem like a good company from what I've read and all the reviews seem really positive.

Side note: I stopped in Toledo Aquaculture and told them about Bhergias yesterday. The owners were really interested and asked me to point them in the right direction on them and they'll see what they can do. Not sure if they might be the better option or not if we tell them we could go in the group order with them since it would give an easier place to ship/distribute between members at least in Northern Ohio).

8 hours ago, BearTheSquare said:

@Muttley000 

Awesome, I could probably do 4 in my tank at the most. Would only need one more for free shipping.

@crimsonvice

That would be very nice if they could do something like that for us. They seem like a good company from what I've read and all the reviews seem really positive.

Side note: I stopped in Toledo Aquaculture and told them about Bhergias yesterday. The owners were really interested and asked me to point them in the right direction on them and they'll see what they can do. Not sure if they might be the better option or not if we tell them we could go in the group order with them since it would give an easier place to ship/distribute between members at least in Northern Ohio).

Excellent idea, I need some LRS food anyways!

• 2 weeks later...

Had some stuff pop up last week and didn't get around to getting ahold of Laurie. I'm heading there on Thursday for water and going to do a little sales pitch on these guys (have a pretty good relationship with the owners). I can let her know that we would be buying 9-10 between the two of us and see if they can order, hold and distribute them for us and order more on top to cover shipping/sell to their customers and make a little money. I'm going to see if they'll keep the Reeftown pricing for us since we'll be helping to cover shipping and I'm sure they'll sell fast, @Muttley000 are you still interested?

Had some stuff pop up last week and didn't get around to getting ahold of Laurie. I'm heading there on Thursday for water and going to do a little sales pitch on these guys (have a pretty good relationship with the owners). I can let her know that we would be buying 9-10 between the two of us and see if they can order, hold and distribute them for us and order more on top to cover shipping/sell to their customers and make a little money. I'm going to see if they'll keep the Reeftown pricing for us since we'll be helping to cover shipping and I'm sure they'll sell fast, [mention=157]Muttley000[/mention] are you still interested?
I'd be willing to jump in on a few of possible as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The more the better. Any chance you know about how many you’d need so I can give the owners some numbers while I’m there?
Eh, 4-6? I have a 135g tank, but I also have a few Wrasse, so I'm a bit hesitant to dump in a whole bunch before I see how long they last.

Just got done talking with Laurie, she’ll be ordering between 14-16  for us and more on top of that for her shop. We’ll be getting the wholesale cost for our portion for helping cover the shipping cost. If she orders tonight/tomorrow like we talked about they should be in next Thursday. She might start carrying them if they sell well so others that didn’t get in on this can get some too. 

I’ll keep you guys updated, now I just have to get this peppermint shrimp out of my tank.

@Muttley000 @RockyProndoa

Edited by BearTheSquare

2 hours ago, BearTheSquare said:

Just got done talking with Laurie, she’ll be ordering between 14-16  for us and more on top of that for her shop. We’ll be getting the wholesale cost for our portion for helping cover the shipping cost. If she orders tonight/tomorrow like we talked about they should be in next Thursday. She might start carrying them if they sell well so others that didn’t get in on this can get some too. 

I’ll keep you guys updated, now I just have to get this peppermint shrimp out of my tank.

@Muttley000 @RockyProndoa

Awesome. I’m going to try to get my car serviced a week from Saturday and make a stop!

[mention=157]Muttley000[/mention] [mention=452]RockyProndoa[/mention]
Great news! Now I have to go and try to catch my devil yellow Tang and clownfish pair...

Sounds good! I am not sure how familiar you guys are with adding them to your tanks, but will give you a few quick tips. 

1. Wait until lights out, and everyone is hiding. 

2. Turn off all flow. 

3. Thy are not slow, but they take their time finding there way out of the container, so be patient. 

4. Try to have them all in the same place. They do better as a group them a pair. 

Hope this helps some! 

31 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Sounds good! I am not sure how familiar you guys are with adding them to your tanks, but will give you a few quick tips. 

1. Wait until lights out, and everyone is hiding. 

2. Turn off all flow. 

3. Thy are not slow, but they take their time finding there way out of the container, so be patient. 

4. Try to have them all in the same place. They do better as a group them a pair. 

Hope this helps some! 

Thanks Brandon!

6 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

I may be able to relay them out to you. I live between aqua culture and the turnpike and could run them over to your exit off the pike. 

Crazy excellent offer there! 

5 hours ago, BearTheSquare said:

@Muttley000

i was going to say the same thing as @Fishoutofwater. I’ll feel bad about you missing out, let me know if you’re interested.

Here too!

This is why I love this club!  When they get in I will take one of you up on this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.