Trapping Fish in my Reef

So.... I'm trying to catch my yellow Tang and a pair of clownfish in my reef tank. Problem is there really isn't a good spot to put a net/trap in because of the rock and coral. If there is enough room, the fish are smart enough to move to a spot where there isn't.

Short of tearing the tank apart, anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Key with a trap is patience.  Don't bait it on day 1, leave it a few days so the fish aren't scared of it.  Hold off on feeding for those days too.  Then when you bait on day 3-4, they're good and hungry and in the trap.
Agreed. Yellow Tang is skittish to begin with, so should be interesting to catch him and not one of the other fish first.

I have considered that new product that looks like a half bubble that attaches to the glass with a magnet, but can't quite justify the price tag.

I put my magfloat in my DIY bottle trap, so it pins it to the glass, allows me to adjust to the level the fish frequents, and when the fish goes in the trap, I can spin the bottle to the water surface without getting wet.  

You might not catch it first, just make sure you put whoever you do catch to the side (a bucket or something) so you don't keep catching the same fish over and over.

I put my magfloat in my DIY bottle trap, so it pins it to the glass, allows me to adjust to the level the fish frequents, and when the fish goes in the trap, I can spin the bottle to the water surface without getting wet.  
You might not catch it first, just make sure you put whoever you do catch to the side (a bucket or something) so you don't keep catching the same fish over and over.
That's a great idea! What do you use as a trap? 2-litre bottle?

I’ve caught a few fish by quietly walking up to the dark tank at 2am with room lights off, then shining a bright LED flashlight on the fish and swooping in with the net
Ha! I could try that. If nothing else, just something else to further make my wife think I am nuts! Lol