apex heater problems

jeff70

anyone having any problems with their apex turning off all the heaters??  the control panel indicates they are on but no power to my tank or sump heater.  my son had issues with his apex a few weeks ago and his temp went down to 72.   mine only got to 76.8 before I unplugged from apex and plugged directly into power strip.  

help!!!!!

On 11/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Muttley000 said:

Only with heater outlets?  Are you using the canned heater programming?

using canned heater option.    I've looked on Neptune site and this usually requires it to be sent back in for repair ,  first ill try and reset all breakers and see where that goes

I was able to totally restart the apex(my son did) and yesterday I updated to the newest operating system.  I'll see if this fixes the problem. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, Muttley000 said:

Interesting, I wonder if this has to do with number of cycles or amperage draw?

interestingly if I put the outlet on the on position it works fine.  I hate computers

I usually found that I had something else coded preventing them from turning on. I recently had my backup heater not turn on actually which is a huge downfall but I switched it onto on myself and it was throwing stray voltage into the tank. The Apex was only showing the heater drawing 1 watt of power.