180g build.... slowly but surely

Mussin

• 1 month later...

Did a little plumbing yesterday.. got the return done. 1.5" hard plumbed to a ture union check valve, stepped up to a 2" ball valve, 1.5" up through the floor, 1.5" Y to dual 1" lines to each overflow using soft line. Also added a manifold for the future with two 1" ball valves. 

20200823_214734.jpg

Freshwater test underway.. So far so good, no leaks and everything is working as expected.  That jebao 20000 is an absolute monster.. I have it at 50% and there is still more flow as my old tank. At full power its literally spraying water out of my return nozzles.   My only concern is the height of my drain pipe. Should I be concerned? This is how it came in the overflow kit.  I killed the power and still have tons of room in my mammoth sump. I love having the sump in the basement so much cleaner looking and easy access to all equipment. 

20200902_194249.jpg

20200902_194030.jpg

20200902_194231.jpg

20200902_192401.jpg

20200902_192352.jpg

50 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

This looks great, very clean and room to access.  Off topic question but was wondering about the stud orientation behind the tank, do you know why they are like that?  I see the beam, cbut have never seen it done that way.  So with the successful FW  test when is the next step?

We basically built "C" channels out of studs. A little overkill but my bro in law has been In Construction his whole life helped me out on this. We could have used 2x6 but we had a bunch of extra studs so we did it this way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gangs all here... 

Fish list.... 

Pair of ORA misbar naked clowns 

Yellow Tang 

Purple Tang 

Mimic half black Tang

Blue Tang 

Powder brown Tang 

Chocolate Tang

Orange shoulder Tang

As you can see I like my Tangs. I have one more in mind, well see if I can find one.. 

20201125_190300.jpg

20201125_190123.jpg