Algae sux!

surjer

Looks like you might have a little case of dinos, my friend. I might try a day or two with lights off, keep skimming, add cuc and see where you are at. 

You might not see huge differences in your nutrients because the algae is consuming them. Looks like your in the right track. Is some of the "stick" like agae hard, or is it all soft? 

15 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Looks like you might have a little case of dinos, my friend. I might try a day or two with lights off, keep skimming, add cuc and see where you are at. 

You might not see huge differences in your nutrients because the algae is consuming them. Looks like your in the right track. Is some of the "stick" like agae hard, or is it all soft? 

Very few of the sticks are hard kinda like the chaeto is but most of it is soft. There is also fuzz covering most of the rock work. The skimmer seems to be doing a good job so far. Half a cup of skimmate (dark brown tea). The cleanup crew ships the monday after new years unfortunately but i feel they are coming from a good place so hopfully this will only take a month or so to clear up. i do NOT want to lose interest! haha