Adding fish

Joe

As my tank just begins the cycle process. I am planing out how and when to start adding my fish. Of course it’s going to be a couple months. But I was thinking of adding all the tangs (3) first. But I am questioning that idea. Am I worrying to much? Or should I be cautious adding tangs as the first fish in? 

I was always under the Information that surgeon fish where to be later additions. But yellows where usually the exception to that. Wrasses can be funny as well. Tangs can be bully’s Anyway and it’s compounded when they have essentially a whole tank to themselves and others start invading (their) space. Where as if they are added later they are the invader and other smaller fish are familiar with the turf and know the escape routes and hiding spots. 

The other fish will be fire fish, anthias, a pair of clowns and a madrin. I was going off of the suggestion to put your cleaner fishes in first to keep everything in check. But maybe a pair of clowns should be my first add? 

20 minutes ago, Dr.Fraggenstien said:

Clowns can be bullies too.  I'd start with the firefish/mandrin, then the anthias, then the clowns and tangs.  As sensitive as the anthias generally are, getting them established before you add any aggressive fish will likely be beneficial. 

Good suggestion. Thank you.