• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first Waterbox!

Nanoreef13

9 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

That seems stupid. If you have already been charged for the product, they should ship them as soon as they receive their money.

I 100% agree!! They said that it was due to many other people getting their stuff then once they get the tank they want to upgrade or something but they can’t take the product back. I told them that I wanted it sooner and they said they would look into it. 

12 hours ago, Dr.Fraggenstien said:

Never fun to have to wait, but an exercise in patience generally how I describe this entire hobby... Looking like it's going to be an awesome build.  Welcome back!

Yea I would agree. Thank you I am very excited to be back in the hobby! 

16 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

If they have charged your card already they should ship.  Sounds like a tactic to use your money to help their own cash flow situation to me.  I would be pissed

I was pissed but at the same time there isn’t really anything I can do about it at this point. 

I have to say that I was upset with Waterbox for not telling me that they don’t ship their product till after you get the tank, BUT I received the email below today and I have to say that I have heard good things about their customer service but this was a very pleasant surprise with them. My MP40WQDs and my Vectra M2 will be shipped out soon!!! I read a bunch of reviews saying they had amazing customer service but I was expecting them to not fulfill my request since it was against their policy. They seem to truly be a customer service first company.

Hello Jason,

We just wanted to reach out to let you know that we received your request to have your equipment portion of your purchase sent ahead of your aquarium; we have requested for these items to ship this week-- please monitor your email inbox and spam folder for communication regarding tracking details.

Happy fishkeeping!

My pumps should be here by Tuesday!! So I think I have figured out my aquascape what I want. I’m going to go with something similar to this but with a little twist. I want a large overhang and a little island but the island will have a cave in it. I am hoping to create depth but yet have it feel open. I also ordered a drag rack that looks like a rock that is held on by magnets to put on the back wall. Also put in a few more orders that should be coming in next week. 

1D7BBD83-98A0-440E-B5E7-2658AFC80A4A.jpeg

02CC98B4-A2D5-4E48-8D7D-D23F3B32AAF4.jpeg

9479738B-2269-4980-929D-1A8B95B1F38C.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Holy overhang Batman!  That looks awesome!  How will you hold it together?

My “plan” will be to use acrilic rods and and drill them into some base rock then build off of that but I’m going to take the rock I have and the pieces that I don’t like I’m going to smash up into smaller pieces. Once I do that I will use the mortar to make the overhang. My thought is that it will look kinda like a Nike symbol when looking from the top. If I can’t get it to be stable enough then I’m going to put acrilic rods in the baserock and extend it out under the overhang kind like a c shape. Then I’ll cover it all with sand. This is all a plan but I have no clue if it will work lol. I just want it to really stand out as a show piece in my living room. The spot I am putting it can be seen from every room on the first floor and is in plain view then you walk in the front door. 

14 hours ago, Nanoreef13 said:

My pumps should be here by Tuesday!! So I think I have figured out my aquascape what I want. I’m going to go with something similar to this but with a little twist. I want a large overhang and a little island but the island will have a cave in it. I am hoping to create depth but yet have it feel open. I also ordered a drag rack that looks like a rock that is held on by magnets to put on the back wall. Also put in a few more orders that should be coming in next week. 

1D7BBD83-98A0-440E-B5E7-2658AFC80A4A.jpeg

02CC98B4-A2D5-4E48-8D7D-D23F3B32AAF4.jpeg

9479738B-2269-4980-929D-1A8B95B1F38C.jpeg

The e-marco mortar is some amazing stuff although it can be a bit of a PITA to work with. The acrylic rods will do little to support an overhang like that but could work really well if used to build out the overhang bit by bit before using the mortar then building out a bit more. The mortar was incredibly strong when I built my aquascape it's just very sloppy and runny and not nearly as moldable as you might imagine it to be.

11 hours ago, buk said:

The e-marco mortar is some amazing stuff although it can be a bit of a PITA to work with. The acrylic rods will do little to support an overhang like that but could work really well if used to build out the overhang bit by bit before using the mortar then building out a bit more. The mortar was incredibly strong when I built my aquascape it's just very sloppy and runny and not nearly as moldable as you might imagine it to be.

That’s what I was thinking. Kinda like using the acrylic like rebar 

I got my Vectra M2 in and one of the MP40s. I called Waterbox and they said they forgot to send both lol they are sending the other one out tomorrow. Also I was able to get an around about date!! I will have my tank the first week of March. I have some work to do before that! Need to get new wire ran to a new outlet that will be just for the tank also need to get my water station set up and all new flooring for the whole first floor done. I also have a very rough draft of the aquascape. This is just the general shape of what I’m going for. Guess I have some busy weekends coming up haha 

E6442CC8-1856-4D56-B91E-3F5E25F0AFC6.jpeg

C6B14DE7-A668-4441-B576-352C45B0C7F2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Nanoreef13 said:

How do I make sure that when I buy stuff from Marine Depot that the club gets a kickback? I have made a few orders and I am not sure if anything has gone to you guys. 

There really isn't a way. They are supposed to be working on a way to keep a tally, but it hasn't come to fruition yet.