(Apogonichthys hyalinus)Item: CN-80219
Red Stop Light Cardinalfish

TemperamentPeaceful
DietCarnivore
Water Conditions72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size2½"
OriginIndonesia
Minimum Tank Size30 gallons

The Red Stop Light Cardinalfish originates from the reefs of the Indonesia. They are found in large schools among coral heads, which they use for hiding and protection. Their bodies are a beautiful red coloration, and have a large black eye that aids them in detecting predators and finding food.

A 30-gallon or larger aquarium with a cave and peaceful tank mates is suitable for this slow and methodical swimmer. It tends to hide in sea grass or other plants, or may use long-spined urchins for camouflage. If a larger aquarium is available, it will handle a small group of this species. As a group, they will establish a strict hierarchy without aggressiveness.

The Red Stop Light Cardinalfish requires a well balanced diet of meaty foods such as feeder shrimp, flake foods, pellet foods and frozen brine or mysis shrimp. 

Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 3/4" to 1-1/4"; Medium: 1-1/4" to 2-1/4"

https://m.liveaquaria.com/product/1870/red-stop-light-cardinalfish?pcatid=1870&c=15+26+1870

7 hours ago, Joe said:

So far he has great communication. But I am going to let him know about BR and that I am going to do a full write up on my experience. But after I get my the fish. So he don’t go out of his way. 

Great way to get a good evaluation.  Kind of like a food critic becoming well known and next thing you know they get a different experience than the rest of us!

1 hour ago, Biecacka said:

Do you mind sharing the cost of these fish from him? I am looking for a new place to order fish from as LA has taken a turn for the dumpster in my recent experiences. 

corey 

Not at all. He’s charging me $19.99 per fish plus shipping cost. The $20 per fish includes qt’ing the fish. 

5 hours ago, Joe said:

Not at all. He’s charging me $19.99 per fish plus shipping cost. The $20 per fish includes qt’ing the fish. 

That is quite fair in my opinion!

6 hours ago, Biecacka said:

Do you mind sharing the cost of these fish from him? I am looking for a new place to order fish from as LA has taken a turn for the dumpster in my recent experiences. 

corey 

Most of these guys will let you drop ship to them from live aquaria or any place like that.  What issues have you had?

Fish coming in dead, almost dead, in addition to them just not making it. Let me be very clear about something that has worked for ME for many many moons. I don’t have a QT set up, never had and I know the cases for them and maybe that’s part o my issue. 
but I’ve bought from LA for a very long time and the last 2 times I’ve ordered from them a number of the fish are dead upon arrival, almost dead, or die. In fact I don’t have a single fish in my tank from my last order of 9 fish. Some came dead, some were okay and were around in the tank for a few days but eventually disappeared. I’m not trying to turn this into a QT thread, my method has worked for my for 15 years. It’s not perfect. But it does seem lately that a QT could be beneficial in the sense that if they died within the 14 days I could have received credit where as it’s hard to find them in the DT and I don’t find them. 
I would love to drop ship or order fish from someone and have them QT the fish for me. Could be a game changer. 

corey 

Fish coming in dead, almost dead, in addition to them just not making it. Let me be very clear about something that has worked for ME for many many moons. I don’t have a QT set up, never had and I know the cases for them and maybe that’s part o my issue. 
but I’ve bought from LA for a very long time and the last 2 times I’ve ordered from them a number of the fish are dead upon arrival, almost dead, or die. In fact I don’t have a single fish in my tank from my last order of 9 fish. Some came dead, some were okay and were around in the tank for a few days but eventually disappeared. I’m not trying to turn this into a QT thread, my method has worked for my for 15 years. It’s not perfect. But it does seem lately that a QT could be beneficial in the sense that if they died within the 14 days I could have received credit where as it’s hard to find them in the DT and I don’t find them. 
I would love to drop ship or order fish from someone and have them QT the fish for me. Could be a game changer. 

corey 

The past two shipments@jeff70 and I ordered, it’s seemed like they’ve just taken the “freebie” fish from the sick bin. Two foxfaces and a yellow clown goby arrived dead, and tangs always arrive thinner than you’d like. That being said, they almost always reimburse cost of fish or promise a replacement freebie with no hassle. It does stink that fish are dying for no reason though.

4 hours ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

The past two shipments@jeff70 and I ordered, it’s seemed like they’ve just taken the “freebie” fish from the sick bin. Two foxfaces and a yellow clown goby arrived dead, and tangs always arrive thinner than you’d like. That being said, they almost always reimburse cost of fish or promise a replacement freebie with no hassle. It does stink that fish are dying for no reason though.

The new box fee and the no refund only store credit is killing live aquaria pretty quickly.  An idiot marketing major got put into the wrong position and is killing a company. 

19 minutes ago, Fishoutofwater said:

The new box fee and the no refund only store credit is killing live aquaria pretty quickly.  An idiot marketing major got put into the wrong position and is killing a company. 

That’s sad to hear. As already said it was almost fool proof to order from them. 

It was always said it was only a matter of time before petco ruined them, sadly it sounds like that is where things are headed. If there is any consolation, the BG location is possible evidence it has been a good thing for the stores. I wonder who will fill the void?

Back on topic though, have there been any updates on how the group is doing?  What meds if any will he be using?  Do you know if he started with a larger group in order to make sure you ended up with the quantity you asked for?  Does he guarantee them for some amount of time?

43 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Back on topic though, have there been any updates on how the group is doing?  What meds if any will he be using?  Do you know if he started with a larger group in order to make sure you ended up with the quantity you asked for?  Does he guarantee them for some amount of time?

I have not received any updates. Tuesday of this week he emailed me stating he had the fish and they had been acclimated to his “dark” qt tanks. In that email he stated that I would receive pictures and or video of them on Wednesday. That has not happened yet. I also didn’t reply to that email as I felt there was no need. But maybe he expected a reply?? 

As far as I understand he only started with the 6 I wanted. If something happens to one, he orders another to replace it, starting the qt from the beginning with that fish. The others will go into holding tanks once the process is complete. I only pay for the fish he ships to me. 

This is from his website. About the process and guarantees. 
Quarantine Procedure

image87

Requested fish is administered with General Cure and 7 days of food soaked in Fish Bendazole.
Then its treated for the most common types of diseases/parasites (Ich/Velvet, Uronema and Brook) using
Chloroquine Phosphate or Copper Power.

Guarantee

We offer Arrive Alive guarantee only, In case of a DOA please email me a pic of the fish out of water with white background within 2 hrs of the delivery. In case of shipping mishap I will cover the fish for 7 days after delivery to customer or if returned to me i will observe/condition fish for 2 more weeks before shipping back out.