Feed Mode

Joe

Right now I alternate between using it and not using it. I have 3 jebao wave makers a set of gyres and a tunze. Add to that my cor20 return pump. So I have some button pushing I have to do to get everything turned to feed mode. I can program to shut all of those outlets off in the profilux and have a feed button. But I hate the controller of the Maxspect gyre so much. And I hate the turning off of outlets to accomplish this as well. I have started the process of solving this by purchasing a Hydros wave engine.  I will start by ditching the gyre controller and will phase in new pumps to replace the jebao’s. I will also start looking for a different return pump to replace the cor-20 that can be controlled by the wave engine. 2 jebaos will be replaced by icecap gyres and be wired directly to wave engine. And jebaos will be controlled through the apex to jebao adapter. 

When I have a tank up and running full of coral I normally feed the tank and let it go where it wants which feeds fish and coral. As of now fighting this turf algae I shut the power heads off and put a small amount of food in the tank in hopes the fish grab it all.

I turn off all gyres and pumps for 10 minutes the protein skimmer stays off for 15 minutes.  there is also a small pump that stays on near the bottom to try and keep food in water column .  does it help?  no idea but I can spot feed corals very easily with nearly all pumps off