Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner

56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

When I have a tank up and running full of coral I normally feed the tank and let it go where it wants which feeds fish and coral. As of now fighting this turf algae I shut the power heads off and put a small amount of food in the tank in hopes the fish grab it all.

:t1232:
@Jesse Have you tried vibrant?   I was starting to get some decent algae growth on my rocks and ordered some vibrant. I dosed it Thursday before I left for work at 11:05 am. When I got home from work yesterday (Friday) at 6pm it’s practically all gone. Yours is probably thicker and stronger, but damn this stuff worked awesome for me. 
:t1233:

I have used it in my tanks with great success.  I got the fish only variety to use in my frag tank.   The only difference is the strength, and to me meant more bang for my buck.  I actually used it in a full frag tank first as I had a lot of hair algae and rampant grape caulerpa all over the place.   took 2 weeks before the caulerpa went, but the hair algae was gone within a couple days

55 minutes ago, cptnspanky said:

I have used it in my tanks with great success.  I got the fish only variety to use in my frag tank.   The only difference is the strength, and to me meant more bang for my buck.  I actually used it in a full frag tank first as I had a lot of hair algae and rampant grape caulerpa all over the place.   took 2 weeks before the caulerpa went, but the hair algae was gone within a couple days

What happens to the cheato ballin the fuge or the ATS?  I would assume the ATS would need taken off line and cheato removed?  Will this take care of bubble algae too?  I would buy enough to treat my 500 gallons if it would end the grape caleurpa issue!

Its not intended for macros, so a normal dose will just stunt them. Normally it wouldnt kill your chaeto, but in order to kill the caulerpa, youll need to take the chaeto out and ats offline. Will require multiple doses as well. But yes it will kill bubble algae and bryopsis. The bubble algae turns brown and will likely need a little help to get it out of the tank.

I probably shouldnt word it as killing them as it sounds like a chemical treatment, and instead say the bacterias outcompete them until they die from a lack of.food source. Youll have extra clear water too.

The one drawback i found came in the form of making things too clean after repeated doses over time and the corals that like more nutrients can suffer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cptnspanky said:

Its not intended for macros, so a normal dose will just stunt them. Normally it wouldnt kill your chaeto, but in order to kill the caulerpa, youll need to take the chaeto out and ats offline. Will require multiple doses as well. But yes it will kill bubble algae and bryopsis. The bubble algae turns brown and will likely need a little help to get it out of the tank.

I probably shouldnt word it as killing them as it sounds like a chemical treatment, and instead say the bacterias outcompete them until they die from a lack of.food source. Youll have extra clear water too.

The one drawback i found came in the form of making things too clean after repeated doses over time and the corals that like more nutrients can suffer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks!  I am thinking about giving this a try to end my caleurpa issue once and for all!

13 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Ha, well I started a thread without starting a thread. Lol

I’ve  heard a lot about the stuff and finally thought I had enough algae on my rocks that I thought I should try it before it got out of hand. And it worked awesome. 

Good job on the thread. ;)

I've used it. Wiped out bubble and turf algae that just never seemed to go away.

Now I accidentally overdosed... Big time. Lessoned learned, don't try new things during hectic busy times where side tracking is easy. Directions are 1ml per 10 gal...I got setup to add, then got called away. Took a minute I had to go back down to dose the tank and ended up dosing 10ml per 10gal and added 20ml to my 25gal. I didn't even realize what I had done until the next day when all the sudden for some crazy reason I just realized what I had done. Immediately did a water change that night and then another a few days later. No negative affects on the tank even after a crazy overdose.

The only think I've noticed is that my torches are as happy but seem to be improving. Everything else was maybe a little pissed for a day but all looking good since.