What did you do to your tank today?

Jesse

11 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Fed fish, checked alk to add to my chart to figure out proper dosing amounts. Finished building new sump/frag tank stand. Drilled a couple tanks that are getting Going on that stand  image.thumb.jpg.f5b726ad70aec4d0c216abeaf8199a72.jpg

Now I know who to contact for drilling glass! Looks like a nice set up 

4 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

@AndrewSPS it’s really not hard.  Those 4 holes only took me about 30 minutes total from setup to end.  Its all about getting the right setup, knowing that the glass isn’t tempered, and making sure the bits stay cool. You aren’t really drilling. You are grinding. There is a difference. 

Where did you get your hole saws?  My inch and a half bulkhead saw has about 30 holes on it and I was going to order another to have on hand. I enjoy drilling glass, I actually find the sound relaxing lol

4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Where did you get your hole saws?  My inch and a half bulkhead saw has about 30 holes on it and I was going to order another to have on hand. I enjoy drilling glass, I actually find the sound relaxing lol

The one I used for those 4 I’ve had since 2008. I bought it on EBay and never used it  so I couldn’t tell you where I got it.  The rest of the ones I have came in a kit from Amazon. I mark the top center of where I wanted the hole then use the locator to set up where I want the hole then build a dam around it with plumbers putty then tighten around bit. Add water.

701566BF-8DC2-4D15-88DD-C762272638D2.thumb.png.ca468ffbe1bc549fa19f88a2bd29d4b9.png