Firsthand Lions (100g acrylic predator tank build)

AspiringLobophyllia

So is this going to be a predator tank? 

Yep, the lionfish currently in my 90 has grown a lot in the last year and is getting a glint in his eye when he looks at the other fish.@jeff70 has a snowflake eel that would probably do better in a bigger tank as well. It’s going to be coral-less for a while until I figure lighting out, but eventually will likely be full reef. No idea what other occupants will end up in the tank, I’ll keep an open mindset when I visit shops

It’s wet-ish! I just remembered there’s a non-GFI outlet in the center of the wall behind the tank though so I’m halting all progress until I can replace that. Thanks dad, good call. Dry rock is being rinsed hope to get rock and sandbed in there today along with maybe 40 gallons after outlet replacing
c7212d34fe74f394849ca06d7d1f4ce2.jpg

13 hours ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

Thought crushing my rubble into sand would be a cheap and easy idea, Nope my back and results disagree. Not worth it, hardly made a difference other than making a bunch of dust. Have to try everything once lol
1bc6ec6d972f5f688f2d78782aa0893d.jpg

AHHHHH that's why that was out!!!!   holy crap I'll take you out to lunch and we can go get some sand.  lol  

Decided on lighting! The metal halide fixture in@jeff70 ‘s closet was calling my name (and wallet). Spent a few days diving up into my drop ceiling to mount hanging equipment and installing eyeholes to the fixture, and it’s finally up and running. Next project is to drain the tank enough to shift it over 4 inches so it’s centered, because it’s going to drive me crazy. 207a7b36a4d93e9520df23bb4ec91498.jpgalso, there’s life! (Feather dusters, both brown and red)
817a83d6fd8b236469ccd20827f0ae51.jpg
Do you guys see what I see? Not this time you little turds. Picture taken right before I murdered it with an enthusiastic amount of aiptasia x. If it’s still there tomorrow I may chop off that portion of the rock
29bafa50b253ff3cfce1d91ffa4fd728.jpg