My Finally 60 Cube!

Waffen06

Finally got a setup to get back into reefing. Had a 75 gallon years ago and sold it when we were going to sell the house. Ended up not moving and hated being tankless. Been searching for awhile and after many headaches, not such good deals, sellers who changed their mind, I finally found a setup I liked that fit right where I wanted. 

Ended up with a 60 gallon cube, tank had been running for a couple years. I ended up getting a lot more equipment then I thought. Moved it Sunday and what a pain that was! Took 2 hours to tear down and crammed my wife explorer full. 

Got home and wife cleaned the tank (thanks honey!) While I made the fish happy in their tote and got to work on the stand. The top had water damage so I built a new out out of 3/4" solid wood. Everything took longer then expected so ended the night with the tank 1/4 full enough for the live rock, added a powerhead and heater. Will finish it up tonight I hope. I have a bit of extra equipment I wont be using so hope to recoup some of my money.

Today I got the tank about 75% filled, plumbing is done, hopefully tomorrow Ill fill it the rest of the way. All the rock and coral are in. As well as the fish and some snails and hermits. Ill admit since the rodi is going soo slow I did mix up about 15 gallons of saltwater with tap water:t1204: hope it wont be too bad.

20200309_220450.jpg

Quick look at the scape so far since it cleared up this morning. 3 out of 4 fish look good were out swimming. The 4th a purple dottyback didnt look too good, found it in a cave but was laying on its side. Put my hand near it and it swam off and came back and laid back on its side. Ill see if I can find it tonight

20200310_070056.jpg

6 hours ago, Waffen06 said:

All 4 fish out and swimming tonight, all ate. Finished filling the tank now just need to get rid of the awful durso noise. It was quiet when I picked it up so go figure. 

I definitely don't miss having to dial in durso stand pipes. Take your time and make sure you don't give up any safety for silence. Nothing worse than coming home to a wet floor.

Great looking tank so far. Can't wait to see what you do with it

Well theres more aiptasia popping up then I first realized. Hit some today with aiptasia X hope the stuff works. Got my sump running and boy is it tight with the skimmer, might get a smaller one. Did have a question the heater only fit sideways almost laying in the sump. I believe the sump is acrylic it should never get hot enough to hurt it right? 

20200313_194011.jpg

20200313_193922.jpg

20200313_193915.jpg

20200313_193852.jpg

20200313_193842.jpg

Went for a trip to Salty Critter today, came home with more then I went for lol. Got 3 new corals, a bubble tip, a cleaner shrimp, Coral Beauty, 2 peppermints and a little emerald crab.

Last picture is what I believe is another aiptasia but its huge, like an inch across, the tentacles stick out well over an inch

20200314_202226.jpg

20200314_202302.jpg

20200314_202318.jpg

20200314_203032.jpg

20200314_202142.jpg

• 3 weeks later...