Buckeye Reef 2020 Expo Postponed

Jesse

Buckeye Reef 2020 Expo Postponed

Ohio's Department of Health has banned "mass gatherings" of over 100 people in Ohio. This has caused us to postpone the 2020 Buckeye Reef Expo. We will continue to monitor the situation and hopefully have a new date soon. 

- Vendors are being notified.
- Hotel rooms will be refunded 100%. Please call them.
- Please help spread the word.

https://radio.wosu.org/post/coronavirus-ohio-schools-suspended-public-gatherings-over-100-banned#stream/0

Well this is a huge bummer.  I personally disagree with the state's actions, as they have given exceptions to so much that this will have no real effect in my opinion.  That said Jesse has made the right decision given the situation and I hope the new date will be supported enthusiastically!  In the end I just want to see all those raffle prizes turn into a huge donation to Mote, scoring some cool things for the system is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Well this is a huge bummer.  I personally disagree with the state's actions, as they have given exceptions to so much that this will have no real effect in my opinion.  That said Jesse has made the right decision given the situation and I hope the new date will be supported enthusiastically!  In the end I just want to see all those raffle prizes turn into a huge donation to Mote, scoring some cool things for the system is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, euphylin me said:

sweet! this does suck lol, i have to reschedule my wedding as well

I have been hearing some nightmare stories about non refundable deposits in the wedding industry. Hope you don’t get caught up there

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

We will make it bigger than ever to make up for it this year on the new date. 

This!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Roblox84 said:

Newbie to this forum and first time hearing about this frag swap. I'm glad I didn't miss it and will hopefully attend when it's back on.

Welcome to the forum!  We are a friendly group with lots of great people. Feel free to start a formal intro thread and tell us a little about yourself, or a build thread if you have a system up and running.  Oh, we really like pictures too :)

8 hours ago, Roblox84 said:

Newbie to this forum and first time hearing about this frag swap. I'm glad I didn't miss it and will hopefully attend when it's back on.

Welcome @Roblox84. The date is October 4th. 

https://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12944-are-you-doing-anything-on-sunday-october-4th/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...