Stupid Chaeto

surjer

Man I wish i never added cheato in my back chamber. I have removed it about 2 months ago but some of it made its way to my main display. I have to pick it out like every couple of days.  Have been running chemipure blue, purigen, phosguard for months and phosphates and nitrates are near undectible.

961BA3E9-332E-4390-9A39-AEAD316AFA1B.jpeg

D5C082BE-4DAA-405C-80CF-5507BFF8C79E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

You won’t starve it out with chemical filtrants but you may starve your corals out. Just keep picking man!

Think I’m running too much? Ive been wondering that for a while. Whats the right amount etc..

3 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Regular testing will have to tell you that.  Do you measure phosphates now?

Yes I have been and they are pretty consistantly at .03 as best I can tell. Should I take all the media out for a day and test it to see if the media is actually doing something or is that asking for trouble?

Well at that level either the filtrants are saturated, you are leaching from the rock, or it is entering the system as food I would think. I wouldn’t change anything you are doing necessarily, my point was that in my experience the presence of those filtrants was not going to help your problem of cheato in the display and that your corals would suffer with phosphates at zero if you were able to get them there. To me .03 is a good enough number I wouldn’t be too worked up with