Buckeye Reef 2020 Expo Postponed

saltfever

Unattached sheets of green star polyps

My original plan was to grow gsp on the back glass of my display tank. I'm now second guessing that idea, think the black will give more contrast for the other corals in the tank. So now after it has just about covered the back glass I'm thinking about scraping it all off. I'll have a few big of sheets of unattached gsp. I'm thinking $20 each sheet approximately 12x12". 

20200324_163913.jpg

20200324_163258.jpg

20200323_190003-02.jpeg

12 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Man your tank looks awesome. What do you run for lighting?

Thank you. My lighting is diy radion xr30 gen 4 pro. I ordered custom made led pucks, stormx controller, wired and soldered everything myself. So far very happy with them and all 3 cost less then one radion g4 pro would have cost. 

11 hours ago, saltfever said:

Thank you. My lighting is diy radion xr30 gen 4 pro. I ordered custom made led pucks, stormx controller, wired and soldered everything myself. So far very happy with them and all 3 cost less then one radion g4 pro would have cost. 

Did you ever do a thread on that?  If not I know I'm not the only one that would be stoked to see how you did it

19 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Did you ever do a thread on that?  If not I know I'm not the only one that would be stoked to see how you did it

I had planned on doing just that, unfortunately I lost all the photos when a sd card went bad. I could come up with a parts list and basic instructions, but a detailed build with pictures isnt a possibility sadly.

5 hours ago, saltfever said:

I had planned on doing just that, unfortunately I lost all the photos when a sd card went bad. I could come up with a parts list and basic instructions, but a detailed build with pictures isnt a possibility sadly.

I’ll buy the parts and have them shipped to your house so you can retake those said pictures 

18 hours ago, saltfever said:

Please put up what you can. I may be need some additional lighting soon and could possibly fill in the pics!

I'll try and get the lighting info posted soon. GSP is all gone, I was right about the contrast. Definitely think I like it better without the gsp, just need to finish getting the glass cleaned up. 

20200328_092602-01.jpeg