Live Aquaria

Joe

So..... they just aren’t what they used to be. I ordered 60 snails and 2 shrimp. In which 18 snails were either dead or I was sent and empty shell. And 1 of the shrimp arrived dead. So I placed a claim and sent the pics and so on. After a week of not hearing from them I called them today. And was told they approved the claim last week. So I asked when should I expect the replacements to arrive. At which I was told I wouldn’t receive replacements. Only a credit. And when I asked about shipping, I was told it would cost me $29.99 plus $9.99 box fee for shipping. Or I could buy $149 worth of stuff and get free shipping and still have to pay the $9.99 box fee.  

So needless to say that was my last order and they get to keep my $43.01 credit. 

5 minutes ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

They sent my last shipment of snails and hermits dry. Like just a bag with the inverts, no water. ??? Most amazingly made it but I don’t like that, my next CUC order is going to definitely be from reefcleaners

This actually isn't uncommon. You will get your order from reef cleaners with little to no water and wet paper towels. 

This actually isn't uncommon. You will get your order from reef cleaners with little to no water and wet paper towels. 

If it’s common practice then I shouldn’t talk smack about specifically live aquaria (though I’ve gotten other dead stuff from them). I definitely prefer getting my inverts in water though, to make a drop acclimation possible at least. I’ll put in a request note for the reefcleaners order thanks for the heads up

I placed my first online fish order ever. I chose LiveAquaria as they had 15% off and special sales on some fish I wanted. From the first order 2 were dead on arrival and I lost half of a livestock. I only recieved credit for the lost fish and no credit towards shipping or box fee. I was sucked in to placing a 2nd order to use my credit. At least the sale special was better at 20% off. Also on the 2nd order I was lucky that thr same fish came back up on special sale.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:05 PM, AspiringLobophyllia said:

They sent my last shipment of snails and hermits dry. Like just a bag with the inverts, no water. ??? Most amazingly made it but I don’t like that, my next CUC order is going to definitely be from reefcleaners

All my snails came in water and double bagged. 

2 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Better off having it ordered thru petco In BG and picking it up there. They are the same company now.  

I would trust the BG petco for sure. Wonder if I can use my credit there? lol 

15 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Better off having it ordered thru petco In BG and picking it up there. They are the same company now.  

Petco is the same as LiveAquaria and gets fish from same stock, but Petco does not guarantee marine fish for the 14 days that LiveAquaria does. I have had losses from Petco too.

• 4 weeks later...

Was re-reading the email they sent me and noticed something else that rubs me wrong. They charge your card for the full amount then “approve” your credit and refund they difference. Why not just refund me the amount to begin with.

C5547929-B320-4000-8CB8-F4B11EEA7D64.jpeg

• 1 month later...