Custom Aluminum T-Slot Aquarium Stands from 80/20

Jesse

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

We use 80/20 for lots of stuff in the factory. Trust me it is plenty strong but expensive, and personally I don’t think I would like the look in my living room. 

The great thing about it is you can put any panels on the outside with magnets in the slots. So you can change the style and access any part of the sump with no problem.  

It would be sweet.  I’ve worked with it a lot and you can build whatever you want it’s almost like an adult erector set. I see the only real application being where there is no physical way to get a steel stand into the location. You could assemble this in place piece by piece, and not be potentially welding in a Extremely nice location. It would be expensive as all get out though. You could do the same with a wood stand though, assemble in place. Need to move, disassemble and go. But wood has structural limitations as in they get pretty big dimensionally to handle the same limits. You could skin it with whatever you wanted Just like a wood stand.  

59 minutes ago, AspiringLobophyllia said:

I checked out some prices online and holy cannoli they’re expensive. Maybe if I won the lottery and was starting up a reef shop in my shed

Yeah it’s not priced for the average person.   I wouldn’t even use them if I was building a reef shop lol. It would basically have to be the last resort for me.