USPS fail

buk

I was hoping to have a cleanup crew today but it's looking like it may be a bit.

iyLmfQcl_o.png

USPS is really screwing up lately. I have been expecting 5 packages for over a week. Including a new phone. It's driving me nuts not having a phone.

yeah they are pitiful. my favorite package of the bunch other than shipping to the opposite end of the country is my phone. it's coming from mccomb and has been at the post office since tuesday. the tracking says received, pending acceptance. it's like they have it but don't want to admit it

Guess it wasnt the usps fault but ordered a test kit off amazon, arrived at the post off last friday. Said it was delivered Saturday but never saw it, called them and no one knew where it was. Someone called me back Tuesday and said they found it and they will try to deliver again but I owe $5.05. Guess the amazon shipped used a flat rate box but put that in a bag instead so there was an extra charge? Contacted the amazon seller hope to get my money back.

All shipping companies are going to be worse. The surge in everyone having everything shipped and extra sanitation practices is overstressing the system. They are all in need of extra workers but people that are laid of work from covid19 are not filling these job. They rather complain they are not recieveing unemployment pay and that they cant pay their bills nor buy food....... rant done.

1 minute ago, Kcfitz78 said:

All shipping companies are going to be worse. The surge in everyone having everything shipped and extra sanitation practices is overstressing the system. They are all in need of extra workers but people that are laid of work from covid19 are not filling these job. They rather complain they are not recieveing unemployment pay and that they cant pay their bills nor buy food....... rant done.

Agreed 100% @Kcfitz78. Point being this was happening before COVID-19.

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Agreed 100% @Kcfitz78. Point being this was happening before COVID-19.

Missed your post above. I see it now. 

See correction in later post as this is partially correct .....I know it does not help that most USPS Ohio area mail was redirected to Michigan Distribution Center couple years back.

Edited by Kcfitz78

1 minute ago, Kcfitz78 said:

Missed your post above. I see it now. I know it does not help that most USPS Ohio area mail was redirected to Michigan Distribution Center couple years back.

This does make sense as that is exactly what both of my packages did about a month ago. It turned what was supposed to be guaranteed two day shipping into 5 days. Although I've ordered plenty of times in the past couple of years and not had that problem. Both of my orders were DOA as well. Next time I will pay the extra for shipping as I hate watching people take a hit for USPS failure.

1 minute ago, Forgiven1973 said:

Multiple amazon plants have people testing positive for virus including a facility in Columbus area. Wish I would of got my cleanup crew before all this started now I’ll just likely have to wait it out

Jeff Bezos will fire people for testing positive. You will still get your packages. 

12 minutes ago, Kcfitz78 said:

Missed your post above. I see it now. 

See correction in later post as this is partially correct .....I know it does not help that most USPS Ohio area mail was redirected to Michigan Distribution Center couple years back.

So here my correction .....I know it does not help that all USPS Ohio area mail was redirected to Columbus and Michigan Distribution Center back in 2014 as the Toledo Distributuon Center was closed.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/toledo-oh-processing-and-distribution-center-mail-consolidation

Jeff Bezos will fire people for testing positive. You will still get your packages. 

I could see that happening but it still causes for more precautions and slower delivery.

This is an older article as more has happened since including Ohio.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/amazon-workers-at-6-us-warehouses-test-positive-for-coronavirus/

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

This does make sense as that is exactly what both of my packages did about a month ago. It turned what was supposed to be guaranteed two day shipping into 5 days. Although I've ordered plenty of times in the past couple of years and not had that problem. Both of my orders were DOA as well. Next time I will pay the extra for shipping as I hate watching people take a hit for USPS failure.

I paid for overnight and that was $44.50. So the more that don’t survive the less I would ever be likely to use them again. Most bags looked like they where counted out but one bag looked like they just scooped down into a container of shells and hoped enough had snails in them. Most have moved but a lot of the bag o shells is just sitting on the bottom of tank. I keep putting power heads into my sleep mode to try to get any that are actually alive to evacuate that area. I know 170 is a big number to count for small snails.77A2717F-93B6-4991-9E01-146590E32A52.thumb.jpeg.883edb3075d98a66bc69b04d84b3d3b0.jpeg

this pile almost completely has woke up and left the area. 
D20DC382-823F-42E1-8E1E-68E57FEBEAA4.thumb.jpeg.6be1d70ce33e191c83bd4153277a7df7.jpeg

Edited by Fishoutofwater

33 minutes ago, Fishoutofwater said:

I paid for overnight and that was $44.50. So the more that don’t survive the less I would ever be likely to use them again. Most bags looked like they where counted out but one bag looked like they just scooped down into a container of shells and hoped enough had snails in them. Most have moved but a lot of the bag o shells is just sitting on the bottom of tank. I keep putting power heads into my sleep mode to try to get any that are actually alive to evacuate that area. I know 170 is a big number to count for small snails.77A2717F-93B6-4991-9E01-146590E32A52.thumb.jpeg.883edb3075d98a66bc69b04d84b3d3b0.jpeg

this pile almost completely has woke up and left the area. 
D20DC382-823F-42E1-8E1E-68E57FEBEAA4.thumb.jpeg.6be1d70ce33e191c83bd4153277a7df7.jpeg

This is what hermit crabs dream of!

6 hours ago, buk said:

well my new phone has been in macomb since tuesday awaiting acceptance. well boom all the sudden it's in atlanta

Atlanta?  I’d Be raising all kinds of hell. With phone company and shipping.  I Used to keep one of those reloadable phones around in case of phone issues. I’m not exactly sure where it is anymore.