USPS fail

buk

***WARNING RANT INCOMING***

I'm a Respiratory Therapist by trade, working directly with those infected with COVID 19 and ruling out the rest... Im not infected, and none of my coworkers (RTs, Nurses, Doctors) have been infected. Granted not everyone is dressed in gown, gloves, mask (surgical or N95), face shield, hair net outside of the hospital or other work environment, but they shouldn't have to be. Operations like the mail shouldn't have an issue continuing operation, this hospital is still up and running. Some may be out sick, but they can continue to operate, because we all know they had call offs happen even when COVID 19 wasn't around. Give everyone a mask and some gloves, and life should continue as normal. Shoot the flu kills more people every year than COVID19 has, it's just far more contagious. Just so you know we have had people get sick, be on a ventilator, and come off and be discharged from the hospital in good health, even though the news would lead you to believe coming down with COVID19 is as death sentence. 

If I can go to work three to four 12 hour shifts a week, and be perfectly healthy, the mail should show up at my house no problem. Just saying...

1 minute ago, crimsonvice said:

***WARNING RANT INCOMING***

I'm a Respiratory Therapist by trade, working directly with those infected with COVID 19 and ruling out the rest... Im not infected, and none of my coworkers (RTs, Nurses, Doctors) have been infected. Granted not everyone is dressed in gown, gloves, mask (surgical or N95), face shield, hair net outside of the hospital or other work environment, but they shouldn't have to be. Operations like the mail shouldn't have an issue continuing operation, this hospital is still up and running. Some may be out sick, but they can continue to operate, because we all know they had call offs happen even when COVID 19 wasn't around. Give everyone a mask and some gloves, and life should continue as normal. Shoot the flu kills more people every year than COVID19 has, it's just far more contagious. Just so you know we have had people get sick, be on a ventilator, and come off and be discharged from the hospital in good health, even though the news would lead you to believe coming down with COVID19 is as death sentence. 

If I can go to work three to four 12 hour shifts a week, and be perfectly healthy, the mail should show up at my house no problem. Just saying...

Thank God I'm not the only one thinking this way. Hell they won't even pick up sticks curbside in my town anymore for fear of the one employee that does it getting sick from touching a stick. And heaven forbid I mention anything about how stupid that even sounds because the entire town will jump down my throat because I apparently have no respect for anyone. It's getting entirely out of hand. But I suppose it could be on the other side with nobody doing anything at all.

Don't get me wrong, those who already have Pre-existing complications should be careful. However, those that are healthy should have nothing to worry. @Muttley000should just bunker himself in his basement until this all blows over. Stepping outside at his ripe old age would be like the last scene in Avenegers End Game part 1.

For every person that’s taking extreme precautions and going overboard, there’s some dingus that doesn’t watch the news often sitting in the parking lot of Kroger and picking/eating boogers then going inside and touching stuff. People who contract it spread virus without showing symptoms. If the media going bonkers claiming this is MRSA-Ebola-influenza 2020 can cause even one person to second guess that booger, that could prevent ~30 people from being exposed, 10 people from getting sick, 1 person from dying, each of them spreading it themselves before they get symptoms. It’s annoying to do a lot of things now, but maybe a little artificially induced panic isn’t the worst

This was posted on Facebook from an Oak Harbor Postal employee..... **PSA:: from your local post office! Please be aware that due the corona virus affecting Michigan (where our distribution plant is) we are experiencing MANY delays! Most packages are being staged in Allen Park and are running a week or so behind! So please, if your package has not moved on the tracking don’t be alarmed! We are aware and multiple plans are going into place to correct this! Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time!! 

11 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Don't get me wrong, those who already have Pre-existing complications should be careful. However, those that are healthy should have nothing to worry. @Muttley000should just bunker himself in his basement until this all blows over. Stepping outside at his ripe old age would be like the last scene in Avenegers End Game part 1.

Lmao have you been talking to @Clint526 again

While I think people should be careful, I agree this is completely out of hand. 2 people in my whole county have tested positive.  I just want to sit down someplace and have the Spanish speaking guy make guacamole in front of me for crying out loud!  That said I think Amazon is giving me an extra dollar electronic credit now if I take the slow shipping option so bonus!  I buy a lot of our stuff online anyway, and it has been super hit and miss.

Are nerite snails the hardiest of them all? My stink up crew finally arrived yesterday after 8 and a half days in a box and traveling from Florida to Portland, OR then Cleveland, OH, then finally to my house. Everything smelled like a por-a-potty that's been abandoned in the summer sun for three years but somehow every nerite snail was still alive.

9 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

My nerites I got in my clean up crew are up above the waterline almost every day. So I think as long as the don’t dry up they will survive. 8 days shipping is ridiculous though.  

My new phone is on 10 days shipping from Detroit. It's driving me insane.

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Do I attempt to order from Reefcleaners again?

I'm going to when USPS gets their heads removed from their anuses. For now I just got a refund. I do like them and have never had an issue from reefcleaners

Yeah I would wait until everything blows over. I need to order. I have ordered from them a number of times, with the only complaint being that all the snails are super small. So order twice what you anticipate you will need. 
In my order i definitely got some small ones, but i also got some some monsters. Got some of the biggest hermits ive ever seen too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just had an amazon order get refunded for taking to long to arrive. Watched the tracking and it just stayed at the same location for a week.  I was amused that the package arrived Literally the day after the refund. It was an electronic part/ and I found a cheaper one the day after so I wasn’t to disappointed. UPS, FedEx haven’t missed a beat in all of this at least not for me. But, the postal service itself can’t seem to figure out how to function. Maybe that’s why the Dems want to try and push for mail in voting? 

On 5/12/2020 at 8:52 PM, Jesse said:

he is waiting until Monday to ship it out. Hopefully this helps.

Not sure I would order anything live to come through usps. Find another shipper. This is my order from premium aquatics.  Through USPS. 
98069752-7780-4C07-959F-4512F22FE2F4.thumb.jpeg.515f40d6765ca1cac222860f9b23b804.jpeg440063D5-DAC5-4A1E-8B4A-442A9E3B2991.thumb.jpeg.1616d79dbf8af554c9d1e73735a58c50.jpeg

I know this is first world problems, but it spent around 32hrs at Indianapolis alone.  That’s 4 complete 8hr shifts.  Enough that I could have driven back and forth to the actual shipper 4 times. I understand there are pandemic concerns but I received a shipment from fedex yesterday that shipped Wednesday afternoon from Kentucky. I can tell you right now this package will not come tonight.  It will not be delivered till Monday.  Human walking pace is average 3.1 mph . If it arrives Monday at 10 am when my normal mail arrives, a person could have walked it here sooner. 5EB0D1A6-B099-4243-B50B-03AA652CD8C3.thumb.jpeg.931739b9dd4aa3f87cbc126880b45ddd.jpeg