Are you laid off?

Jesse

Are you laid off?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you laid off?

Started my new job today with the Ventilator company that is working with GM to mass produce COVID ventilators. Ive been contracting with them for the last year, so COVID pushed them into a need for more people. Upside to a pandemic in my case. 

Hope things settle down though for those that are laid off and everyone can get back to normal life. 

Enjoy the break. I know it’s easier said than done, but a lot of people who are working now are working crazy hard and long hours. Take a few days to rest and get your mind right. The work will be there when you get back, it’s gonna be awhile before thugs start heading towards normalcy 

corey 

Well this sucks, first week back and I would of made more on unemployment lol. Really hate that 90% of my counter customers have been over the age of 60 and all here for stupid stuff, risking my life and yours for a key fob battery or a plastic push clip for your car trim, seriously...

• 1 month later...

That is the big talk now. Even though the economy is “open” again, many consumers still feel unsure about going out to shop and many are also coming off unemployment as well. So yes, places are open but money isn’t being spent yet. Not enough for retail and restaurants to go back to full staff. So what happens is you get called off unemployment and go to work 1-2 days a week with little to no business and you’re actually not making money. But with the economy back open, bills will be due as well.

its a very tough position to attempt to balance.

corye