How to install PLM-PWC into Profilux 4

crimsonvice

Hey guys! Thought I would do a quick how to on installing a GHL PLM-PWC into your Profilux 4. This would be the same process for adding any additional expansion cards into your Profilux. With this expansion card, I will be able to control my Mitras via the Profilux interface, instead of accessing the Mitras directly. This will take 10-15 minutes and all you need is an Allen Key. 

First you will need to disconnect your Profilux and have your PLM_PWC expansion card nearby. 

IMG_20200424_160405.jpg

Flip your P4 over, and unscrew the 4 screws in each of the corners. 

IMG_20200424_160424.jpg

The lid will slide off, but make sure not to pull too hard because there is a wire connecting the illuminating GHL logo on the top. 

IMG_20200424_160652.jpg

Remove the plastic cover of one of the two available expansion slots. 

IMG_20200424_160712.jpg

Install the expansion card into the slot, making sure not to bend or damage the pins when putting it in place. 

IMG_20200424_160803.jpg

IMG_20200424_160857.jpg

Reassemble.

IMG_20200424_161053.jpg

Reconnect you P4, and.... DONE!

Very simple process, and the Profilux automatically registers the addition of the expansion card. If you are using Mitras, you will need put them all in Slave mode because your Profilux now becomes the Master. 

The Profilux uses Illumination Channels 1-9 to control each individual channel. So if you had any of those in use already, you will have to move it to another illumination channel. I had my T5 and refugium lights already in use on channels 1 and 2, so I moved them to channels 10 and 11. For convenience I did label each of the channels to match the LED channel on the Mitras. Here is the list order:

1 Blue

2 Royal Blue

3 Cool White

4 Blue White

5 True Green

6 Hyper Red

7 Sky White

8 Ultraviolet

9 Hyperviolet