Heatwave on the Reef

crimsonvice

This year has had its ups and its downs, and well here we are for another downer! I had an issue with one of my powerbars and GHL is kind enough to work with me on a replacement. In the mean time I was down a few outlets, so I was utilizing a standard power strip. I had unplugged a few things for maintenance and then plugged them all back in. I accidentally plugged my 100w Titanium backup heater back in. It is a straight heater with no controller. It was on my GHL powerbar which was controlling it, but it was being replaced so... needless to say I woke up to a milky tank at 89*. At this point I am not sure what will and will not survive. 

So note to all, regardless of how much experience you do or do not have, always double check yourself. I looked at the tank last night and thought something was off, but ignored my gut. 

As a side note, my alarm programming for temp was off, which I did not realize. If this were on, this could have been avoided. Again double check everything!!! 

Sad day...

source[1].gif

Nope. Things are still fading. I thought last night that some that were looking rough might pull through, but this morning they are either all white or STN. The rest that look like they are going to make it now have a brown tint to them. 

Probably going to leave the leds off today and just run t5s. I will post pictures tonight. 

That sucks, but dont give up on them just because they went white. If they have flesh still, you can lower the light and use a turkey baster to hit them with reef roids or something similar periodically. They can come back from it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, cptnspanky said:

That sucks, but dont give up on them just because they went white. If they have flesh still, you can lower the light and use a turkey baster to hit them with reef roids or something similar periodically. They can come back from it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Some do look hopeful, others not so much. 

Too bad my aptasia didnt die. 

Sorry to hear this, in the summer months my 75 would go up to 84 but I never lost anything. This new 150 I think I will have to buy a chiller as it’s 79 now in our currant weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk