Frag plugs

Never seen these before I had to order 10 to try out. I forgot what page but on Facebook a guy named Ryan was making his own glass blown frag plugs. Ideally these would be good for zoas to just razor them right off. Thought I would try an acro and see how it looks. As to removing it from the plug I’m sure the superglue would break free with little force. Defiantly different from the standard ceramic plugs. 

AD560871-E76B-425E-89FB-7648D858062A.thumb.jpeg.f264cbca9442ba0da04514b6b1f0e546.jpeg

501C8F6D-7460-43EC-AAAF-466A1E846E63.thumb.jpeg.494448b206890619f762cecae65a3d26.jpeg

7 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Not very cost effective, but cool looking.  I’m thinking for zoas that disks or tiles are a better choice. But that’s just me.  

I kind of agree.  It's way easier to cut what the zoas are on, and mount, then to scrape them off and wait for them to re-attach.  

Seems like a nice option though for people who hate the look of plugs in their display.  Clear glass will be harder to notice (for a little while anyway, once the algae starts growing the point is moot).