Buckeye Reef 2020 Expo Postponed

Sign in to follow this  
Fishoutofwater

New version of ghl to apex cable adapter

2 hours ago, Joe said:

No, that doesn’t change anything that just lets you hook 2 cat5 cables together to get more length. I have some of these as wellB62BADB2-6E3E-43DA-958A-E1A4E74D6E89.thumb.jpeg.a2849c458f611649f5a695f8ac8e11c1.jpeg

it’s essentially half of an S-port L-port box without the casing. As long as you know the pin outs you’re good to go.  But you would still have to cut the wires with just this.  But if you jump from that to this C088A6D9-8F12-4680-8F9C-C6722858CB3F.thumb.jpeg.69a856f34ba1ceed2d39d89a5d8e68e9.jpeg

then you don’t have to cut anything again.  The way I just made is even easier and I don’t have to create a case.  It’s not as forgiving with environment though.  I can make a more sealed one with the boards of the cables weren’t long enough to be in a better environment.  That new box took me 10 minutes to make.  And that was because I had a cat sitting in my lap (helping) with my wire. Lol.