Where is Everyone?

It’s a very tough time of year for activity for sure. I used to go to the other forums and invite people here and it brought a few. Also talk to people at the LFS. Store owners used to let us hang fliers but it seems that is not embraced like it once was. Maybe try to get people from Facebook groups to stop by? I don’t use Facebook but I am told that is where a lot of the forum traffic has gone. 

I see we have a Buckeye reef page on facebook but maybe someone should start an actual group on facebook like some others. Would probably help. I dont have facebook but use my wifes from time to time and theres quite a few Ohio reef groups with 1000s of members 

5 hours ago, Waffen06 said:

I look down at all the different topics and most all say the last replies were two days ago. This group needs to get going again! I dont know how to get more people here but willing to try lol

I was gonna post a topic like this. But didn’t wanna be the weird one lol. I have to say a few years ago it was extremely active 

• 2 weeks later...

Busy, busy, busy...... Spring time is the time to plant flowers, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, mow the lawn every 2 days, pull weeds, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, pull more weeds, till up garden, plant garden, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, water flowers, pull weeds from flowers bed, water garden, pull weeds from garden, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock,........... basically pulling weeds and algae week :( 

16 hours ago, Kcfitz78 said:

Busy, busy, busy...... Spring time is the time to plant flowers, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, mow the lawn every 2 days, pull weeds, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, pull more weeds, till up garden, plant garden, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock, water flowers, pull weeds from flowers bed, water garden, pull weeds from garden, PULL ALGAE from aquarium rock,........... basically pulling weeds and algae week :( 

Is is super dry here right now, yet weeds are still growing like there is no tomorrow! I feel your pain!

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of guys have moved to Facebook just because you get answers in seconds instead of hours or days. I still enjoy the forums, but if I need an answer for something right away, I go to Facebook groups. I think the suggestion above, to start a Facebook group, is a great idea. Most people who have Facebook, are on there 10x more than they are in forums.... it’s just the way it is anymore. 

Edited by Sevitz5

I don’t use Facebook (I figure the government has enough info on my from those darn background check forms lol) but I know @Jesse does have a page For buckeye reef. I fear that Facebook is why forums are down also. People want that instant answer. The thing is forums are there for everyone and they are searchable, so I hope they continue...

15 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I don’t use Facebook (I figure the government has enough info on my from those darn background check forms lol) but I know @Jesse does have a page For buckeye reef. I fear that Facebook is why forums are down also. People want that instant answer. The thing is forums are there for everyone and they are searchable, so I hope they continue...

I agree, I always go to the forums for good trustworthy help, but Facebook groups are good for quick questions and selling dry goods. I think it would be a good “add on” to expand the group.

20 minutes ago, Sevitz5 said:

I agree, I always go to the forums for good trustworthy help, but Facebook groups are good for quick questions and selling dry goods. I think it would be a good “add on” to expand the group.

A Facebook messenger group for quick questions would be beneficial. Get answers a little quicker 

Edited by AndrewSPS

On 7/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, Muttley000 said:

I like forums, large ones like reef2reef are booming. Are there any admins that can start us a buckeye reef facebook group, Im sure it would get a lot of new members