IM Nuvo 25 Lagoon Nano Build

jakesweep

Tank ordered. It will be here tomorrow! There is prep work to do, so it won't be up and running too soon. Thinking some sort of scape that incorporates rocks that stick out of the top, mangroves, macro algae, and some corals. I want to keep it as simple and maintenance free as possible. I'm not sure if those 2 goals conflict, but I still have a lot of research to do.

Here's a little sneak peek. Still haven't decided which direction to go as far as what's going in it. I'm interested in giving SPS a shot. I've got a couple of Prime HDs on the way and I think we'll end up hanging them from the ceiling pendant-style. Hoping to get it wet this weekend!

IMG_1014.jpg

7 hours ago, Travis said:

What are you going to run in the back of the tank? 

Here's the equipment list so far:

• Lights: 2x Prime HD
  • Return Pumps: 2x Sicce 0.5
  • Heaters: 2x Eheim 50W
  • Skimmer: Tunze 9001
  • Powerhead: MP10 from the previous tank. I have 2 of these, so I may run both at low speed. Not sure what would be better, 1 at high speed, or 2 at low speed to balance things out.
  • The IM caddy and filter sock that came with it. It looks like people are switching out the filter sock for a second caddy because apparently the filter sock sucks though.

That leaves one chamber open that will probably be a DIY refugium at some point.

Hoping to get this tank wet sometime in the next couple of days!

Youll love the primes, run one on my 20 nuvo. Started with the ab+ schedule but then adjusted it and saw a lot better growth from my corals. If you want the file I can send it over. Also recommend the nuvo UV light, its helped with algae in that tank and keeping the water crystal clear

26 minutes ago, jakesweep said:

Here's the equipment list so far:

• Lights: 2x Prime HD
  • Return Pumps: 2x Sicce 0.5
  • Heaters: 2x Eheim 50W
  • Skimmer: Tunze 9001
  • Powerhead: MP10 from the previous tank. I have 2 of these, so I may run both at low speed. Not sure what would be better, 1 at high speed, or 2 at low speed to balance things out.
  • The IM caddy and filter sock that came with it. It looks like people are switching out the filter sock for a second caddy because apparently the filter sock sucks though.

That leaves one chamber open that will probably be a DIY refugium at some point.

Hoping to get this tank wet sometime in the next couple of days!

I cant wait to see this come together and hear how the equipment choice works! Im picking up one these tanks used on Friday. So the last week or so I've been trying to figure out what to do and what equipment I should look for.

2 minutes ago, Waffen06 said:

Youll love the primes, run one on my 20 nuvo. Started with the ab+ schedule but then adjusted it and saw a lot better growth from my corals. If you want the file I can send it over. Also recommend the nuvo UV light, its helped with algae in that tank and keeping the water crystal clear

Nice! I'd love it if you sent over the file. I actually have a small UV light hanging around that came with another tank purchase a while back. I've never used it though.

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

I cant wait to see this come together and hear how the equipment choice works! Im picking up one these tanks used on Friday. So the last week or so I've been trying to figure out what to do and what equipment I should look for.

This thread was pure gold for me: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/371377-im-nuvo-lagoon-25-owners-thread/#comments

Edited by jakesweep

Installed the ATO and moved the Apex behind the tank. Trying to keep down wire clutter is tough on this open stand. Added ammonium chloride and brought the ammonia level up to ~3ppm. Once everything was stable (temp ~83F, salinity 16ppt) I added the Dr. Tim's bacteria. I'll be keeping a close eye on this cycle for science. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for leaving y'all hanging! For some reasons my notifications were going to spam. Tank actually cycled a few weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to add anything, so everything looks the same. I'll have to say, the tank did cycle way faster than my last one did. I should be able to make some time to start adding inhabitants this weekend though. Still not 100% what kind of fish we'll want.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, jakesweep said:

Well, unfortunately had to tear this tank down this weekend as we are moving back to Colorado in a few months. I'll be listing the tank along with a bunch of other goodies over the next few days.

Hope you stick around and share your next build with us.