• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What container do you use for rodi water storage?

I just bought some rodi tube and an auto shut off float valve kit because I was sick of carying buckets back and forth every few days to fill my ato bucket.  I want something bigger than a 5 gallon bucket to hook it to for when I go on trips.  What would yall recommend?  I don't want it to be too huge but something that will last longer than a 5 gallon.

Rubbermaid 150 gallon stock tank for water storage.  You could use a brute trashcan. I use one to hold ato water because I always fear my ato sticking on and dumping 100gal of water into my system. You can pick up water storage tanks at Tractor supply that are different sizes.

I’ve used brute cans and they work great, but a couple years ago I picked up a couple 150 water storage tanks from Kentucky tank (Very similar US plastics but near Lexington KY because I had a guy passing through) and they have been awesome. Call ahead and see if they have any blemishes if you drive up, you may be able to save even more!  
just throwing it out there you used to be able to have tractor supply ship to store for free also but it’s still not as cheap as going in person, just depends on the length of drive you are dealing with

I use 2 75 gallon Rubbermaid containers from Home Depot. They was only $18 a piece. From the store. They haven’t let me down yet. Been looking to upgrade to a cylindrical type but no luck on finding one. My pump is a  current issue EFlux. Set at 3500 GPH to move the water across the house to the tank. 

Currently using two 32G Brute cans, but looking to upgrade to the vertical plastic storage tanks.

So far, I haven't been able to talk myself into spending the $100+ on shipping, and have been unable to source them locally. I did call Tractor Supply and they only have the one size for around $200 (I was told I cannot special order any other size).

I also recently found out that there is a US Plastics plant in Lima that has a walk-up/retail area, so if I'm feeling froggy someday I may drive down there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I use a tank from TSC on the RODI unit. I put an auto stop float in it.  But from there I use brute cans on the wheels. My ato is an old reef crystals bucket lol.  I have been thinking about going to Lima to see what all they have actually in stock at US Plastics because they have some other things I want to look at as well, if they have them in stock..  problem with them is they are only open during the day during basically bank type hours M-F.   I’d have to take a day off work to even go.