In a couple weeks the cube will be no more and will be moving to the reefer I got from @jakesweep. Have the stand painted and ready, chip from the drop filled with epoxy, some of the plumbing done bit will need to make some adjustments to hook to my pump. Ordered my new light and should be here tomorrow. Next thing is figuring out my ato, normally use a 5 gallon plastic water jug but it wont fit if I run the fuge that Jake had nicely set up and I dont have another cabinet next to it to store it in.

20200720_195137.jpg

20200726_124159.jpg

Glad to see it coming together, and looking forward to seeing it up and running! You could potentially raise the fuge up and stick some sort of ATO container underneath? Or maybe scoot the fuge all the way back which might give you enough room for a skinny container up front? I had thought about trying those things at one point.

Im planning on moving it all over this Saturday. Going to drain my 60 cube into totes along with the rock and fish. Move the cube out of the way, put the reefer in its place. Hopefully its level because thats always fun in a 100 year old home. Have the live sand ready, going to pump my water from the cube into the reefer along with some Ill have premade. Hopefully its not too cloudy and I can rock scape and finally place corals and the fish back in. 

And the move began at 4 pm.. and at about 7 I think to myself why the hell do I buy more tanks.. by 10 and after a lot of choice words and fixing two plumbing leaks and draining the sump twice to clean up water here it is.. Need to move the skimmer over still and program the light. If everything looks good today I might move more corals over from my nuvo.

20200808_182825.jpg

12 hours ago, Waffen06 said:

Got my new Icecap Gyre 2k since it was on sale $45 off. It will move some water, only have it at 40% and can see it moving all the water in a nice circle pattern. 

Nice. I love the Ice Caps. I ended up keeping mine and using a Red Sea 25 in the opposite side. I currently have the Red Sea off. And the ice cap at 50% and it’s still rocking my tank 

Picked up a few additions today, wife isnt the biggest fan of my hobby so when we went to Salty Critter I let her pick out everything. First was a pair of feather dusters, second was a new cleaner shrimp and last a small yellow tang. I wanted a little bigger one but she picked out the smallest one hoping wed have more time for it to grow. I know it will eventually outgrow the tank buy after introducing him Im hoping it makes it that long. He ate at the store, and after being in the tank 30 minutes I fed the tank and he came out to eat! Then my coral beauty whos about the same size started attacking him. The tang moved to the other side with the clowns which was fine till lights went out and the clowns started nipping at him, the tang fought right back with some tail whipping. If its still going on tomorrow Ill be rearranging the rock work to see if that helps.

20200823_205635_capture.jpg

Yellow tang was out and eating great today. One of the new feather dusters left its tube, still has his feathers though so hope he makes a new one or moves back. New cleaner shrimp is still a bit shy.

20200824_192629.jpg