Buckeye Reef 2020 Expo Postponed

Waffen06

Waffen's Reefer 250

In a couple weeks the cube will be no more and will be moving to the reefer I got from @jakesweep. Have the stand painted and ready, chip from the drop filled with epoxy, some of the plumbing done bit will need to make some adjustments to hook to my pump. Ordered my new light and should be here tomorrow. Next thing is figuring out my ato, normally use a 5 gallon plastic water jug but it wont fit if I run the fuge that Jake had nicely set up and I dont have another cabinet next to it to store it in.

20200720_195137.jpg

20200726_124159.jpg

Glad to see it coming together, and looking forward to seeing it up and running! You could potentially raise the fuge up and stick some sort of ATO container underneath? Or maybe scoot the fuge all the way back which might give you enough room for a skinny container up front? I had thought about trying those things at one point.

Light came in today and looks nice so far but the nice screen lid wont work with the mounts. Dont know what I am going to do, I need to run a lid.

20200731_200959.jpg

Lights look cool! You could either try to DIY cut notches for the mount in the acrylic, or I think you can order new side pieces from ClearView lids.

I messaged clearview hope to hear back monday. I thought about that but the brackets seem to stick out quite a bit with the tighten knobs

Im planning on moving it all over this Saturday. Going to drain my 60 cube into totes along with the rock and fish. Move the cube out of the way, put the reefer in its place. Hopefully its level because thats always fun in a 100 year old home. Have the live sand ready, going to pump my water from the cube into the reefer along with some Ill have premade. Hopefully its not too cloudy and I can rock scape and finally place corals and the fish back in. 

Unfortunately I still have not water tested the tank, might do that first. Will probably be done in my dining room. Good thing my insurance is paid up in case lol

And the move began at 4 pm.. and at about 7 I think to myself why the hell do I buy more tanks.. by 10 and after a lot of choice words and fixing two plumbing leaks and draining the sump twice to clean up water here it is.. Need to move the skimmer over still and program the light. If everything looks good today I might move more corals over from my nuvo.

20200808_182825.jpg

Got my new Icecap Gyre 2k since it was on sale $45 off. It will move some water, only have it at 40% and can see it moving all the water in a nice circle pattern.