plumbing my 180 reef ready?

Mussin

getting ready to run return and drain for my 180. My sump is in the basement with 12.5' head pressure.  I have a Jebao 20000 dcp pump. The returns are 1" and the drains are 1.5" (dual) what size line should I run from my pump up to my returns? Would I need to run both drains back to my sump?

I am a fan of upsizing the return plumbing on long runs to get the max flow and less friction from the plumbing itself, but it does mean more water returning to the sump if the pump is turned off. If you don’t take both drains back individually definitely upsize that too IMO. 

I would run (1) 1 1/2” return from the pump and then spit to (2) 1” returns behind the display. I would run minimum  (2) 1 1/2” drains to your basement. I have darn near exact same setup only 150 display. I also have bean animal overflow so I went with (3) 1 1/2” drains. One is completely used A fail safe. If ever want to come check it out let me know.

I used 1.5” plumbing for both.  My downside was the biggest bulkhead that would fit are 1” on the aqueon tanks. So I used the return bulkheads as emergency overflows and took the returns over the back of the tank.  It’s only choke is the bulkhead but I can get pretty good flow  it will use the emergency’s a little if I crank the cor20 up to max. My sump can’t handle that anyway either.  

On 8/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, myreef55 said:

I would run (1) 1 1/2” return from the pump and then spit to (2) 1” returns behind the display. I would run minimum  (2) 1 1/2” drains to your basement. I have darn near exact same setup only 150 display. I also have bean animal overflow so I went with (3) 1 1/2” drains. One is completely used A fail safe. If ever want to come check it out let me know.

May have to take you up on that..thanks