So I am battling cyano after hair algae. Been dosing vibrant for almost 2 months and im getting tired. Weekly 20% water changes but my nitrates are 0-5ppm consistantly. How do I beat this stuff long term? Tank is 1.5 years old... will post a pic of the light cycle but ive almost eliminated whites and red/green is 0. Pretty much blues all day.

0EFE72FF-D783-4B8E-BE99-95E2A8A3B035.jpeg

You did not mention your phosphate level. I would cut back on water changes and you might try some turbo snails. You using RO/DI water? You have a healthy coraline growth so something is going well. Another option is chemi clean. Just follow the instructions and watch your skimmer if you are running one. It will over flow.

Phosphate's test very close to 0. I have not tried a blackout yet. I am using distilled water from the grocery store that tests 0 TDS with my little digital TDS checker. I tried running a skimmer but it honestly was a little too noisy and didnt do all that much that I could tell. I feed once every 2-3 days and only enough that my 2 fish will eat. I give them a couple of pellets at a time so none sinks down or gets wasted.  As for flow, the tank has a lot of flow with an upgraded return pump and wavemaker. 

Stop using the water from a Grocery store! This was the biggest cause of all of my problems. The test's showing 0 can be that they are getting used up prior to the reading. Find a LFS that sells water, it will probably be cheaper as well.

I tested the grocery store water and there were no nitrates or ammonia or TDS. Is there something more that I should test it for? It's very convienent. (My wife works there). Hey babe, bring 2 gal of water home! lolz

My local grocer RO water caused it, the more water changes I did, the worse it got. It was just so convenient, I thought it was worth it. Then I started getting RO from a LFS and everything cleared up. Just my experience and I am not an expert on the subject. Maybe worth a try for a month to see what happens.