Last week on friday in my display tank I noticed a couple white dots on my yellow tangs head. The following day I noticed what looked like micro bubbles all over the purple section only of my coral beauty. They were really only noticeable with my blue lights on, could not see them under the whites. So I went and bought a 20 to set up a quarantine tank thinking the tang had ick and maybe velvet on the coral beauty. Both were acting 100% normal eating like pigs. No signs of anything on my clowns or cardinal. I ordered copper power and test kit and will be here tomorrow. Was going to move everyone over to the quarantine tank today but got home and its all gone, no signs of anything on any fish.. what should I do? I did run chemiclean the weekend before and left the skimmer cup off to aerate the tank so there were a lot of micro bubbles but dont think those would stick to one or two fish for that long.

That’s the fun of fish diseases! Sounds like you are on the right path. I found that fish did much better in a qt with rock so I keep some set aside just in case. The hard part is going fallow from such a long time. 

Good luck with them. Might try getting them well after lights out. Hit them with a bright light and try to stun them kinda just long enough to catch them. Otherwise just pull all the rock you need to and get them out, if you need to.  If you need anything let me know as I have tanks, heaters , filters and such just setting in the garage that are just for qt.

419-905-3396 if you need anything.

jim

Wish I knew that before I went to petsmart last weekend lol. Thanks! I just hope they all get along and will do alright in the 20 gallon. Its a lot for the size, yellow tang (small), coral beauty, 2 full size clowns and a banghi Cardinal