Seem that the Algae Barn is always out of clean chaeto. So I’m looking for thoughts on getting what ever I can and being sure it is as “clean” or pest free as possible. I’m thinking of doing a 2 hour freshwater soak. Followed by a 20 min dip in coral RX. Then thinning it out to small ball. Almost strand my strand. Rinsing with ro water as I go. Then putting it in the coral qt for a few weeks for observation. Any additional steps you can think of? 

3 hours ago, mchute85 said:

I'm in the same boat right now.  I hope I can snag some from algae barn though.  I would be interested in how your QT goes if you end up going through it.

I’ll keep you posted. I’ve been waiting for almost 2 weeks now for Algae Barn to have some in stock. So I’m starting to loose hope. 

3 hours ago, aap15 said:

Have you tried emailing to see if they have an eta of when they may restock the site? 

I ordered a refugium pack from them a month a go and emailed them some questions and they were very quick to respond.

Might be worth a try

I have not. I’ll do that before I try to do anything myself. 

8 hours ago, aap15 said:

Have you tried emailing to see if they have an eta of when they may restock the site? 

I ordered a refugium pack from them a month a go and emailed them some questions and they were very quick to respond.

Might be worth a try

I will try the same good suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, Joe said:

This is the response I received. 

We restock chaeto every Friday between 2-3pm MST, just be sure to try and check it around that time as it does tend to sell out fast.

Joe were you able to get Chaeto from algae barn.  I still have not seen it in stock.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:17 AM, mchute85 said:

Joe were you able to get Chaeto from algae barn.  I still have not seen it in stock.

Nope. I’ve checked the past 2 Fridays. Have not seen any available yet.