Hey everyone. Names Craig. I’ve been around here for a few years. Picked up this tank from another member of this forum. Already have cleaned it out and it should be wet in a few hours. Not sure on stocking yet. Most likely a pair of clowns to start and we will see how it goes. My daughter will be 2 in December and she’s shown a HUGE interest in fish so I picked this tank up mainly for her. I’ll post some pictures soon :) 

Edited by Craig
On 10/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, Craig said:

Thanks buddy. How you been ? Got some live rock pieces to add today to seed the tank. You already know my pace on things haha. 

lol that’s for sure. I’ve been good. I can’t believe your daughter will be 2 already!

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

lol that’s for sure. I’ve been good. I can’t believe your daughter will be 2 already!

Ya it’s insane. I really wasn’t looking to come back into the hobby but I started watching saltwater videos and he showed a huge interest in them and I had to set one up. 

Tanks coming along nicely. Removed the stock lid with leds and put a Red Sea 50 led on the tank. Also added a jebao wavemaker and a Smart Micro ATO. Still not sure my direction with the tank. I’d like to get an anemone and maybe just do a softy tank. 

52EB39F5-FAEB-426A-BEC1-A1C4CDB34AB7.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, Muttley000 said:

That’s a deep one, whatever are the dims?

Yep 24x24x24

Cleaned the tank out vinyl on the back wall  

Extra rock is here , new sand , getting the water after work. 

Tanks getting a Kessil a360we today. 

Should be up and running tomorrow. 

C404057F-2279-4BE3-A7AC-965D19B5A461.jpeg

A1BE0265-2492-4AA4-B22B-7516A9F92482.jpeg

21FC4234-F491-492C-A315-19DFECE92D87.png

C6F8A3DD-8F5B-4D40-A7F6-9B4FD4C3537A.jpeg

8 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Is the skimmer all broken in?  What did you decide on the UV?  

Skimmer is still breaking in but getting decent skimmate already. Haven’t decided if I’m running a UV or not. What are your opinions on them ? 

41DC4D8F-31FB-4F3F-BCC8-4B9C755BD58A.jpeg

Like everything pros and cons in my opinion.  I’m sure they kill some beneficial stuff along with the work you want it to do.  I had a small one years ago but since it was way too little for my set up I couldn’t really tell you if it helped.  What would you be looking for it to help with on your case?

14 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Like everything pros and cons in my opinion.  I’m sure they kill some beneficial stuff along with the work you want it to do.  I had a small one years ago but since it was way too little for my set up I couldn’t really tell you if it helped.  What would you be looking for it to help with on your case?

Just overall help with possible parasites and keeping the water clean. I'm running carbon now need to get a reactor still though. I've been dosing MicroBacter7 and clean. Tanks been spotless not getting any ugly yet even got a live rock with some GSP on it that had some GHA on it and the GHA is dead already and gone.