DIY Acrylic

AndrewSPS

1 hour ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Your killing me. It’s got me shopping for a laser cutter. Lol. I’ve been tossing around for awhile getting a 3D printer or a cnc router/laser. 

It’s worth it for sure. But get one larger than what you think you need. I’m waiting an order for a larger one now. 

Ill have some neat projects wrapped up this weekend. Went all out with a custom CO2 scrubber. New lid design with locking lids will be integrated into the designs.  

Scrubber is in action. This design was worked out over the last 2 weeks with someone interested in one to match their sump. I’m doing a quick week test before the shipment if there’s so I’ll be able to track pH movement. The John guest fittings are oversized at 1/2” to run with a 3/8” or 1/2” line. My skimmer would struggle to pull the air through 2 BRS reactors and but right away it went back to running at optimal air flow with just a 3/8” line. 

This is set up recirculating with a 1/4” shut off valve which will control fresh air flow into the skimmer intake. Keeps pH between 8.2-8.4 

laser cut gasket and acetal John guest fittings ensure an air tight seal in the reactor. 

1118DE6D-8181-4837-86A1-6A95AE7DCE3F.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a little side tracked with another project making acrylic boxes for a “living” periodic table but I did come up with some racks for my frag tank to hold 1” or 3” tiles along with 3/8” plugs. Might get the legs on and have them in the tank by end of next week.

69C8FFFB-03FA-4CB5-B66C-F80AD7F2D521.jpeg

E3445302-36EF-47AD-BBB4-614EDF95AE88.jpeg

On 6/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, AndrewSPS said:

Been a little side tracked with another project making acrylic boxes for a “living” periodic table but I did come up with some racks for my frag tank to hold 1” or 3” tiles along with 3/8” plugs. Might get the legs on and have them in the tank by end of next week.

Those frag racks are nice. What are the actual dimensions? Shoot me a message with a price.

• 6 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, AndrewSPS said:

PM incoming!

• 1 year later...