• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

RO/DI Maintenance

Jesse

How often do you replace your RO/DI membrane, and or filters? I normally try to change the filter, and carbon blocks once a year. With the membrane I have to be honest and admit I've never changed mine in probably 7 years. 

I just ordered new filters, and membrane today.

DI resin gets changed when I see TDS start to rise above zero.

Do you do any other maintenance to your RO/DI system?

Well for example, when i rebooted the tank i changed all cartridges and membrane in my 5 stage.   I just changed the di resin for the 1st time after 9-10 months.  I use color changing mixed bed, and can see as it exhausts.  Prior to replacing them i was replacing di every month or so. And i change the sediment filter when i replace di, and change carbon blocks every other time.  I will also add that the di resin from airwaterice consistantly lasts me way longer than any other resin

I flush my membrane at the start and end of every time I make water. Since I’m filling the big holding tank that usually lasts me a couple months. I have whole house sediment filter before the RODI but I still change that and carbon once a year in January, so it’s due now. DI reins get changed as color tells me they need it. 

I watch the TDS post membrane and pressure.  When the pressure drops, it's time to replace the prefilters (every 6 mo or so).  When the TDS post membrane creeps up, it's time to replace the membrane (every couple years).

TDS post DI, tells me when to change that.  

Duel TDS meter and inline pressure gauge are all it takes.  Maybe $30 worth of equipment.