Power outage - what would you do?

Jesse

Be prepared before it happens. I have everything on a battery ups backup. The apex will alert me of a power outage and turns off non critical equipment giving me 30-40 minutes of run time to get home. Dedicated generator in the garage that can run the tank for 12 hours on a tank of gas. 

key is to test your backups before you need to use them. I’ve ran mine through simulated power outages to ensure nothing will overflow and everything stays running smoothly. I have since made changes such as running back up heaters on separate ups backups that kick on when the main ones die or fail. Another change was putting the Wifi router on a backup to make sure I always get alerts from the apex. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If it’s less than 45 minutes, I don’t do anything. If I know it’s coming back on soon but may take an hour, I’ll throw a couple bubblers in the tank.  If it’s going to be longer than that. I fire up the generator.

What about 5 days?

I just bought a generator from Home Depot.  They have them on sale for $299. 4,000W dual gas/propane.  Its like $250 off right now. I need mine more for my house than my tank but i can def hook up a pump and heater and a light if I need to.   For those that have thousands of dollars in their tank I see that as a reasonable 1 time insurance payment