Spin touch water analyzer

Reefgeek

I read a thread on R2R about the ST and only one person claimed their PO4 was off every once in a while. Also seen that the reagent disks can be hard to get at times. But I haven’t found a lot of bad yet. I’m going to do some more digging before I drop that kind of money on one. But so far, I’d get this over the trident. 

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I read a thread on R2R about the ST and only one person claimed their PO4 was off every once in a while. Also seen that the reagent disks can be hard to get at times. But I haven’t found a lot of bad yet. I’m going to do some more digging before I drop that kind of money on one. But so far, I’d get this over the trident. 

My thoughts exactly. I haven't come across any really bad reviews so far in regards to accuracy. I did see the thread about the PO4 being off occasionally and about it only showing a tenth decimal point place. I have no issue verifying with the hanna as needed for PO4 as it gives me accurate readings so far. 8 tests in 2 minutes! Lol, I'm hoping it turns out to be as good as it sounds.

9 hours ago, Reefgeek said:

So seems like both the Aquaspin and Spintouch are both made by the same company LaMotte, or are one in the same? 

https://reefbuilders.com/2020/07/23/api-aquaspin-more-details-about-the-automated-testing-machine/

Doesn’t one have good reviews and one have not so good reviews? I’ll have to look into this new discovery. 

@Joe That's what I had seen. Not so good on Aquaspin and pretty decent on Spintouch. I know the unit are for different testings like one for saltwater, another for pools, etc. I believe I saw where you can use the same unit with different discs to test both saltwater and fresh. Still researching as well.