Kessil AP700 T5 Combo

Reefgeek

@Joe Did you start with the hybrid, or add to an existing light later?  I'm wondering about acclimating for the change. I have been running the Kessils since I started the tank and am now adding the 4 T5s.  I'm not sure if I should start with a few hours a day on the T5 or just run them on the same schedule. 

4 hours ago, Reefgeek said:

@Joe Did you start with the hybrid, or add to an existing light later?  I'm wondering about acclimating for the change. I have been running the Kessils since I started the tank and am now adding the 4 T5s.  I'm not sure if I should start with a few hours a day on the T5 or just run them on the same schedule. 

I added the T5’s later. I didn’t do any acclimating. But if you concerned, just run the T5’s a few hours a day and add time every week until you have them on as long as you want. 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:11 PM, Fishoutofwater said:

I just built a 2020 T-slot rack system for my reefbreeders and put 4 T5’s on it.  I’ve started with running them for about 4hrs/day. 

Need recent pics!

On 3/9/2021 at 11:02 PM, Reefgeek said:

Thanks for the advice @Joe. I don't have a lot of corals at the moment so I'll probably just go ahead and run them on the same schedule and keep an eye out for any sulking.  New light fixture is supposed to go up tomorrow, I'm excited lol.

need pics here too!

Nothing great to report unfortunately. One disaster after another. My worst nightmare in hanging the lights happened. One of my Kessils took a dive into the tank! :68_y:

It's been in some damp rid for the last 24hrs. Going to see if it still turns on soon. Sooo, what do you guys think of the Radion Gen5? Lol. 

In the meantime, kitchen sink is leaking and the skimmer overflowed for some unknown reason and soaked the bottom of my stand. 

Forces working against me but I will not give up!!  Sigh...

As requested @Muttley000i remembered to take a picture of it. The 2020 and all the hardware for it is all off of Amazon. I used my old icecap 660 ballast to drive the 60” T5’s, I just bought reflectors, Bulbs, and some waterproof end caps.  Last time the ballast ran it was on T12 bulbs.  I need to get some different hanging cables made yet as I didn’t have the right hardware to fit the factory cables right so that’s rigged up for the moment. 
4AA20B9A-3D08-4DEA-8ACD-5D51BF5E8E71.thumb.jpeg.b7f3abacff361748ad3ca0d3088aba32.jpeg

791A6E7A-2BCE-4457-AB0A-808CDADFCC3B.thumb.jpeg.338ed570d4938a170ed06585684764b4.jpeg

D9C54AD4-93AE-49CE-B36D-9A06434B7508.thumb.jpeg.5bdda18de144ccd95f0b5e9f915bda74.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

So, finally got the lights up! The kessil still works, but I decided to switch to 3 xr15 g5 pros along with the t5s.  Now to start filling up the tank :) 

The height may need adjusted. Would like to borrow the par meter again to test it out. I will put in a request in that thread.

new lights.jpg